Page 1379 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 37987912791329136913771378137913801381138914291479 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Yes it threw me a bit as well. With a complicated system of hand signals, I am confident that he will not be the next meal for the vulture.

First decent off-road run for ages! 14m up and over Ingleborough then back round. Icy, cold but nice....
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

10.25 on Darwen moors, decent bit of climb with around 1,300/1,400 feet - my longest run for a little while after a month or so of doing low miles
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Nice run out in the Howgills from Sedbergh today, Winder, Arant Haw then up the Calf. Did the "Big Dipper" off Middle tongue, and a few more tops before back to Sedbergh. About 13.5 miles and 5,000ft climb (ish)
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Xmas Day. 7 miles in and around Clapham (London as opposed to the Dales unfortunately!)
    Boxing day 9 miles up and down the Thames.
    Yesterday 6 miles of reps up and down the incline at Cromford.
    And you have the audacity to call me boring ...this is the fell runners site not the namby pamby southern rivers/ canal towpath and you call me grandious
    Wots this drivel

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    And you have the audacity to call me boring ...this is the fell runners site not the namby pamby southern rivers/ canal towpath and you call me grandious
    Wots this drivel
    So what training have you done. nothing I expect.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    Wots this drivel
    This thread is called simply "Today's training". Not "Today's training on real Northern fells". Nothing to stop anyone posting a lament about how today's training has had to be a boring run around Clapham Common or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    This thread is called simply "Today's training". Not "Today's training on real Northern fells". Nothing to stop anyone posting a lament about how today's training has had to be a boring run around Clapham Common or wherever.
    Fair enough AK you are quite right ,I was somewhat irked by Corniceman taking exception to my post Crosscountry or fell .where he said Stop boring us with your stupid & ridiculous post .
    I felt he had missed the irony of it ,but apparently not .
    I should be thankful I live so close to the Mountains,and train on Winterhill,must be tough living down south ! One of my mates works there and absolutely loathes the place and the people .
    Off training now Ont cobbled back Streets of my Northern town ��

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    So what training have you done. nothing I expect.
    After my ten mile jog across to leverhulme park to offer my support to teamates running in the GMXC champs and doing a bit of networking for the fell- inter-counties teams ,then doing a 10k Trail race on Sunday with 5 miles for warming up & down today was just 1hr easy jogging around the cobbled backstreets of Bolton ,I also did a fast ascent of Falcon Mill 6 floors and ran down ,didn't fancy using the lift ��

Saturday's long run was over Great Hill, Winter Hill and Rivvy' Pike. 20km and 475m of climbing in the gloop and clag. Good to see many other runners out there enjoying the same. Need more of this, good for the soul.