Page 1382 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 38288212821332137213801381138213831384139214321482 ... LastLast
Results 13,811 to 13,820 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Sat. 8 times long hill reps at Wollaton Park with Notts AC. hard session and another 7 miles.
    Where's the long hill in Wollaton Park?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Where's the long hill in Wollaton Park?!
    its a standard Notts AC session really Anthony and of course all relative, but for longs we go car park to Hall and jog down recovery.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    its a standard Notts AC session really Anthony and of course all relative, but for longs we go car park to Hall and jog down recovery.
    Ah yes, the climb up to the Hall. I remember a North Midlands League X-Country many years ago when I enjoyed passing several runners going up there on each lap, and wishing it was a bigger hill.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Ah yes, the climb up to the Hall. I remember a North Midlands League X-Country many years ago when I enjoyed passing several runners going up there on each lap, and wishing it was a bigger hill.
    Yes indeed, I with it was bigger and steeper too. As a fell runner I cant keep pace on the lower hill flat sections of the reps with the faster runners ,but as soon as you get to the steepening I close many down. I find those fast longish hills much more difficult than a sustained 500-600 foot fell race climb though.

13.5 miles, 2 hours 23 mins out on the fells, a little bit on the road (takes me to the fells)...over 1,800 feet to a very boggy Great Hill...storm is definitely on it's way, some nasty head wind at points and I looked over towards Pendle but could barely see it due to cloud
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Had a few days away from running in an attempt to get my hip in good order for the next race. So last few days have been spent on the stairclimber.... Nice round one hour session today, 4200ft, not an all-out blast by any means, but I was absolutely drenched afterwards, went through 1.5 litres of water during the session, and three cups of green tea later I'm still thirsty...

Good 5 hours run over 4 passes from wasdale head yesterday. Black sail, scarth gap, honister, sty head back to wasdale. We had every weather apart from rain which was a surprise given the deluge we've had in cumbria since September. Windchill was pretty harsh but a grand day out followed by a nice pint at the head inn

That is good going, and such a great place to be able to train...

Able to run fully again now... Yesterday knocked out an hour and 25 mins steady uphill, about 2500ft ascent.

Today I spent an hour and a half doing various speed work, intervals, on a combination of treadmill, spin bike, stairclimber... Think it's the first time I've ever had severe cramp outside of a race...

Few more steady/hard days this week, then two or three days rest before next Sunday's race...

More "This Week's" than "Today's" - First serious week of Joss training, 9,790 feet. Staring to re-discovery my old motivation in terms of both diet and "getting out".
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Super Moderator
    Good work Ian
    Poacher turned game-keeper