Page 1462 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 46296213621412145214601461146214631464147215121562 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,620 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

5700ft climb across two sessions today.

Two easier, flatter sessions tomorrow, I’ll look to clear 10 miles but it will nearly all be steady running.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    5700ft climb across two sessions today.

Two easier, flatter sessions tomorrow, I’ll look to clear 10 miles but it will nearly all be steady running.
    Save some energy for hide and seek Travs!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

14.5 miles today, a few quite brisk miles in there but no real hard effort.... generally pretty steady.

We have a new recruit in the club.... an Ethiopian lady... she’s recently had children and is currently running reps slower than my pace... but I am told she has ran for Ethiopia, and her 5km best (when fully fit)is sub 14:30 (I.e not far off world record pace). I don’t know her full name.

But if we can get her anywhere near to decent fitness then it would be great... she was certainly speedier today than in previous weeks so she’s obviously getting it back slowly...

Just did a fartlek session (which is Norwegian for 'wind play' ). Did it off and on for 21 miles. Bit of a hot one.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Is racing training? Depends what you train for I guess.
    Did my local 10k trail race this evening in lieue of my normal hill session. The Blakedown Bolt is a tough one. Nowhere flat - an undulating course on grass mud and some very sandy bridal ways. Clocked 46 minutes which is a way off my course PB but I'm not sure if I'll ever visit that territory again anyway . It was much better than last year's debacle but more importantly, injuries held up to another good hammering so obviously making progress with the current rehab regime. Onwards and upwards! 😁

Great stuff Pete (and Bob.... that is some fartlek session!)

Did the Cov Parkrun this morning. A mildly disappointing 18:50..... had been hoping for a new pb (current 18:34) and in all honestly was looking towards 18:20 as a target.

However I’ve been training very hard the last couple of weeks, twice a day. I need to keep it in perspective, and remember the target is not being in tip-top form for today’s Parkrun, but next Friday’s Snowdon Uphill...

Will therefore be a considerable easing up after next Tuesday’s track session....

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    First time for a few months that I have used the route through Felicity's Wood to go up Beacon Hill. Knowing what the paths through the wood are like, I was expecting some serious nettle-rash; but someone had been along all the paths with a mower! [What kind of mower copes with steep, uneven terrain like that?]

The run as a whole felt rather slow, although I can blame that on last night's all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. But the time taken was almost respectable, even for the nearly ideal conditions.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

A steady 13.5 miles (2300ft) today, giving a solid weekly total of 58miles/14500ft.

Feeling the efforts of the past couple of weeks hard work... one tough track session this Tuesday night, then all roads lead to Llanberis on Friday evening...

10 miles with Mrs DTR including 3 miles of soft sand on the beach, we cracked and shared a beer when we got home cos we were both wasted

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    First time for a few months that I have used the route through Felicity's Wood to go up Beacon Hill. Knowing what the paths through the wood are like, I was expecting some serious nettle-rash; but someone had been along all the paths with a mower! [What kind of mower copes with steep, uneven terrain like that?]

The run as a whole felt rather slow, although I can blame that on last night's all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. But the time taken was almost respectable, even for the nearly ideal conditions.
    Anthony, you approached your local "fell" from NNE instead of from NW (the Outwoods).

I would imagine that your "benefactor" used a strimmer to clear the paths.

Someone has done similar on one of our local routes, that links the Carwags picnic area / car park to Beacon Fell country park (SE of Garstang).

Ian.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 24-06-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!