Page 1474 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 47497413741424146414721473147414751476148415241574 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,740 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Urgh, sorry to hear you not been feeling well, and pigeons?

I seem to remember you saying you had felt under the weather a few times? I started oil pulling a few yers ago and have felt the odd tickle here and there, but basically haven't been ill since. I don't even do it all the time, just do a month or so here and there when I feel the need.

Yesterdays run was postponed till today, partly because I overdid it a little bit on Wednesday and my achilles was hurting a bit on Thursday and my body was telling me to just rest, partly because I just did not want to go.

As predicted not carrying the weight made me feel much lighter, I actually got a bit of spring in my step back as a result of that! For the first time since I started running again I felt able to, and did bounce from one rock to another on sections of the run. I even feel like my general pace picked up a little and I felt stronger going up. Unfortunately I got ridiculous cramp in the right shin on the home stretch and had to stop/walk several times to shake it out, this meant I lost all my gains to come in at 3.37 miles, 385' climb in 37:01 mins - so overall just the same.

I'm envious of your upcoming events, hope you do well!! I just need to be patient, my first one is next Sunday!

I’m very rarely ill... but I noticed that my spell of feeling a bit rough seemed to coincide with a rather unwise increase in mileage from around 40 a week, straight up to around 65, with no gradual step up... I’ve also been smashing the hours at work due to an incredibly busy period and office move.

Was ok if I skipped the fast club sessions and just kept it steady, but add in two faster sessions a week and I was finding it a struggle (not to mention not performing as well in the club sessions).

Though it also coincided with my best ever Fell Race position of 4th the other week though too!

I’ve revised my mileage (downwards) and seem to be on the mend, with the exception of last week which I’m certain was just a bug.

A solid hour on the treadmill this morning, 6 miles 1800ft.

Yes some big races coming up... long races are usually my “bread and butter” but whilst my training has increased this year, I’ve done significantly less long races. Don’t get me wrong I’ve done a few ultras and at least two “ALs”, but I’ve done a lot more races for the first time ever, and many of them have been under 10 miles rather than 20 or more. Hopefully I don’t fall apart half way round next weekend, although the training is in my legs and I feel strong.

What race are you doing next weekend?
    Last edited by Travs; 07-09-2019 at 05:52 PM.

I see, that's good

Pesky bugs though, still, good to know your immune system is working as it should hey!

I'm doing Beefy's Nab in Oxenhope all being well. I feel slightly nervous and am unsure on the practicalities, I should have a proper think and post my questions in another thread.

Super Moderator
    Beefy’s is about as simple as it gets DangerMouse. Meet in the pub, walk to the start, run / walk up then down a hill and back to the pub to chat to your newly found friends. No politics, no none sense but just good muddy fun with a real community feel. You’ll love it I’m sure

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    Urgh, sorry to hear you not been feeling well, and pigeons?

I seem to remember you saying you had felt under the weather a few times? I started oil pulling a few yers ago and have felt the odd tickle here and there, but basically haven't been ill since. I don't even do it all the time, just do a month or so here and there when I feel the need.

Oil Pulling?

Never heard of it so had to Google it.

Its a simple thing to do.

What oil do you use?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Oil pulling is in theory easy to do, pop some oil in your mouth and push and pull it between your teeth, the hard bit is doing that for a longer period of time. It doesn't bother me, but for some folk it is just too horrible.

If you are interested in doing it I would recommend having a good read up on it. Th main points are use a good quality organic oil, don't swallow any of it if you use it for oil pulling, spit it out in the trash, not the sink. Rinse afterwards with warm salt water.

I use coconut oil because it tastes a bit better than the other oils, but I believe any good quality oil will do.

The reason I like it is that it is inherently harmless, but every time I have done it I feel better, there's definitely something to it.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Beefy’s is about as simple as it gets DangerMouse. Meet in the pub, walk to the start, run / walk up then down a hill and back to the pub to chat to your newly found friends. No politics, no none sense but just good muddy fun with a real community feel. You’ll love it I’m sure
    That sounds great!!

I did spend quite a bit of time searching all the available races and thought that one sounded good, thanks for the confirmation

Fairly intense 90min treadmill session this morning. A bit of an attempt to recreate the rigours of a short/medium Fell Race... a mixture of steady uphill running, crazed power-walking, and fast flat running (unfortunately no downhill on a treadmill).

Knocked up 9.5 miles and 2500ft in the 90mins. Brings the weekly total up to around 28 miles and 7000ft, which considering missed Mon-Wed with illness, is an adequate haul.

DM I’m doing the Lee Mill Relay last weekend in November, and likely to be staying in or around Hebden (which I understand is your area, and Stoodley Pike your training ground?)

I’ll certainly hope to be out and about on the tops for an hour or two on the Saturday. Not training by any means, just a loosener for the race the next day, but if you fancy a jog off the top of Stoodley or anything, I’ll probably be around..... (will have to confirm nearer the time, as we have got two teams coming up and I may get railroaded into a club run or something else).

Oh yes - that would be great and would be really good to meet you

Lets catch up nearer the time, no obligation, if it works out great - if not then next time hey!

Righty-ho - todays training for me involves a lamb shank Sunday roast with my folks at a lovely pub on top of the moors

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    North Worcestershire Hills. A lovely morning for running. Cool, a light breeze and not a cloud in the sky. 18.5km/700m