Page 1485 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 48598513851435147514831484148514861487149515351585 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,850 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    12.5km flattish run. Turned into a bit of a an interval session. Plenty of mud and nettles to spice things up.

5 1/2 miles and 1000ft from the Royal at Tockholes. Nice day to be out and nice to feel I could run again although it was very steady.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Crammed in a couple of double sessions over the weekend to give a bit of respectability to this weeks figures...
    27 miles and 5600ft. A couple of steady road runs and a very attritional 7.5 mile/4000ft treadmill session this morning.

Plenty to look forward to... next week is the Masters XC Relays in Long Eaton... although with 13 of us battling it out for only 5 places in the team, and my distinct lack of club training over the past couple of weeks, I may have to sit that one out.

Then all being well, a week in the Lakes where I hope to complete the Wainwrights (16 left to do). Then we are into the XC League.

Next fell races all being well, Lee Mill Relays and Cardington Cracker.

Been out of action since I knackered my knee three weeks ago. On holiday in Majorca this week and trying to get back into it. I hate running in the heat- it's 26, so have done 30 mins each day on Aircon gym treadmill. Different session each day but only intervals or hill reps. Today, 5 mins warm up then 6x 3 mins at 10% gradient 5 min km pace.
    Ive been surprised that my fitness hasn't really dropped after 3 weeks off. I have noticed I've put on some flab around my middle though. My wife kindly pointed out I was looking podgy.
    Tomorrow of to Palma for the day so resting. Rest of the week I need to build the time up again as I've a 21k mid November-Glentress half marathon.

I enjoy running in the heat... my first experience was Malta in August in the late 90’s but I wasn’t really a runner then...

Then proper training in Thailand. Crete was probably my fave place for hot-weather running, early in the morning.

Actually Fuerteventura was even better.... stunning combination of beaches, massive dunes, and extinct volcanoes...

A solid start to the new week... 9 miles 4400ft, consisting of a hard and fast treadmill run, and a steadier bout on the stairclimber... in a sauna-like gym today.

Back to club training tomorrow evening... Hill session (probably the only one we do that is deserving of the prefix “hill”)...... so hopefully a chance to shine and maybe even put myself in contention for the V35 XC relays this weekend...

4 miles recovery with Mrs DTR and very nice it was too, she nearly beat me in the thrash to the end of the street

Master
    I have been having really bad knee pain again since a 10 mile run around Dovedale 2 weeks ago. Just spent 5 days in Monaco, the land of the rich and famous (infamous!!). Not a good place for bad knees. Steps up and down. For normal circumstances I would relish the challenge of all of those steps, but at times the pain was so bad. Training effect? perhaps? There were some great trails in the hills above the town and the coastal path to France also, but generally a great place to empty ones bank account!!

Training is not going to bad whilst I am actually doing it. Have managed to settle into a happy routine within my self imposed heart rate limit. Its afterwards that is a buggar...ouch me knee! Ageing SUCKS!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

trying not to run for a month or so to give my ‘weird’ foot a chance to maybe heal itself, so:

3x5 squats
    3x5 deadlifts
    …and relax.