Page 1487 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 48798713871437147714851486148714881489149715371587 ... LastLast
Results 14,861 to 14,870 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Although it hasn't been announced, I believe it is Malvern/Peach Hill Common.

Final total for the week was 62.5miles/18100ft

Gave an average for the previous 10 weeks of 36 miles and almost bang-on 10,000ft. Which considering the great amount of personal and family turmoil in that period i'm pretty surprised at. Although it consisted of some huge weeks, and almost three weeks worth of nothing at all.

Hopefully the next 10 weeks will be a little more consistent.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Down south for a week. Managed an out and back 8km beach run this morning before the rugby. Total ascent 7m though somewhat made up for by the fact it is a relentless pebble beach and thus extremely hard work.

Super Moderator
    ^ good work Travs

I’ve walked 36.5 miles this week including my longest outing of the year yesterday

Run cut short as Mrs DTR had a stitch (too much lunch) it did give us chance to spot what I think is the first domestic Christmas tree of the season... it’s not even been Halloween yet

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Down south for a week. Managed an out and back 8km beach run this morning before the rugby. Total ascent 7m though somewhat made up for by the fact it is a relentless pebble beach and thus extremely hard work.
    I used to live near North Berwick and would regularly run along the sands and dunes. It was such hard work! There was/is a big dune called 'murder hill' at Gullane that we and Rangers FC used to use for reps. It was horrendous.

Not much sand in east Sussex but used to use the dunes when on holiday in Devon. The North Cornwall coast path is also a tough run in places.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The dunes at St. Andrews aren't very big, but when I was a student there we sometimes used to do reps on the biggest one. It's amazing how quickly you get your heart rate up to near maximum without really trying on sand dunes!

I once spent a couple of days in Portstewart. I was actually attending a job interview at the nearby University of Ulster, but I had time for a run: out along the beach, and back through the dunes, including one really big one that reduced me to a walk.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I spent a few weeks in Fuerteventura at xmas a few years back... the dunes at Corralejo were stunning... must have been close to 7 miles long and well over a mile wide... my favourite morning run was out through the dunes and back along the fantastic coast road... did have one comedic episode when I met a lost Dutchman in the dunes one morning who couldn’t find his way back to town... he spoke no English and my Dutch stretches as far as “Ajax” and “Feyenoord”.... I hope he’s not still out there...

Can be disorientating... I had the handrails of the sea on one side and the mountains on the other, and still found it difficult to keep on track through the dunes... can see how people get lost in the desert...

Still no sand and had forgotten quite how slippy chalk can be. Thankfully unscathed but a bit of a near miss!
    12km/400m this morning out over Beachy Head and back to Eastbourne via Long Down. Rather breezy but comfortable in T-Shirt and shorts.