Page 1488 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 48898813881438147814861487148814891490149815381588 ... LastLast
Results 14,871 to 14,880 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

We had a huge pyramid session on the track tonight.... unfortunately I had to duck out after about 4 reps due to what I think is a trapped nerve or minor strain in my hip/arse, which seems to also be affecting my hip flexor.

All week whilst I’ve been doing easy miles, it’s not bothered me at all, but as soon as I went into effort mode, felt it straight away. Back to a few more days of easy treadmill work. Luckily next week in the Lakes, so whilst there will be plenty of running over hard terrain it will be at easy pace, so I can have a decent week and a half of easy running without straining it again.

Total for the week so far 15 miles and about 7500ft.

Did a shorter version of the club run tonight in order to preserve my arse/hip, and ran it a lot more easily than I would usually.

2 miles on track and 4 miles on the road. Total for week so far about 31 miles and 14,000ft. Building up towards a fairly decent week, especially climb wise.

not run a single footstep all week due to a cold that's just progressively got worse all week urgh.

Not so bad really, I've raced myself fit all year so i can feel my legs are embracing an enforced rest before the winter slog

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Thoroughly miserable weather in Sussex today. Had planned a route over the South Downs but made do with a repeat of my Beachy Head run earlier in the week. Thick fog, rain and strong winds - didn't go too near the cliff edge. A slow km in the second half of the run as had to run through a rather large field of cows which seemed rather lively dispite the weather. Another 12km/400m.

Up in Ambleside for the next week.

Todays outing was Brother’s Water, High Hartsop Dodd, Little Hart Crag, Dove Crag, contour round the east flank of Hart Crag onto the Hartsop Above How ridge, over the summit, and back down to Brother’s Water...

7 miles 2400ft. 2 new Wainwrights, and 14 more to go...

As I trundled round I did think to myself that this would be a decent race route for a summer’s evening. Checkpoint on High Hartsop Dodd, Dove Crag, Hartsop Above How. Could even stick one on Hart Crag to make it a little simpler and avoid the free-for-all round the head of Dovedale on the flanks of Hart Crag (although this was the most adventurous section!)

Today’s jaunt also allowed a good study of the head of Deepdale and Link Cove, the scene of many a tall tale in last year's LDMT. All I can say is I’m glad that last year the visibility was limited, and there was no time to ponder, as the drop into Link Cove, and the climb out, looked pretty intimidating from where I was standing today...!

Full Tour of Pendle training continues. Passed up Shepherds Skyline race and went for a 4 hr run round upper Wharfedale. Birks Fell from Buckden, along the ridge to Horsehead and down to Yockenthwaite. Along the fantastic path to Cray and then up and down Buckden Pike. Pies on the way home from the butchers in the new Spar at Threshfield.

A long day out from Howtown...

Martindale Church, quick up and down Hallin Fell, direct up Steel Knotts, into Martindale and up Beda Fell....

Followed the ridge line onto the main Patterdale-High Street path, around to The Nab... over Rest Dodd and The Knott and over to Kidsty Pike, High Raise.... then down the ridge over Wether Hill and Loadpot Hill, and onto Arthur’s Pike and Bonscale Pike, and down to Howtown.

19.5 miles and 6200ft. Weather veered between dull and dismal. 8 new Wainwrights, 6 to go....

Total for the week 67 miles and 25,000ft
    Last edited by Travs; 03-11-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Up in Ambleside for the next week.

Todays outing was Brother’s Water, High Hartsop Dodd, Little Hart Crag, Dove Crag, contour round the east flank of Hart Crag onto the Hartsop Above How ridge, over the summit, and back down to Brother’s Water...

7 miles 2400ft. 2 new Wainwrights, and 14 more to go...

As I trundled round I did think to myself that this would be a decent race route for a summer’s evening. Checkpoint on High Hartsop Dodd, Dove Crag, Hartsop Above How. Could even stick one on Hart Crag to make it a little simpler and avoid the free-for-all round the head of Dovedale on the flanks of Hart Crag (although this was the most adventurous section!)

Today’s jaunt also allowed a good study of the head of Deepdale and Link Cove, the scene of many a tall tale in last year's LDMT. All I can say is I’m glad that last year the visibility was limited, and there was no time to ponder, as the drop into Link Cove, and the climb out, looked pretty intimidating from where I was standing today...!
    Whilst here don't miss the Steel Edge route up Wetherlam from Tilberthwaite, ideally going across to Black Sails and descending via the Black Sails ridge; and also the ascent of White Gill, east of NDG in Great Langdale.

My first visit to Mardale Head today. What a fantastic amphitheater of mountains!

Up to Blea Tarn then onto High Street via Caspel Gate.... Over Mardale Ill Bell and via Nan Bield to Harter Fell.... Branstree via Gatescarth Pass.... from Branstree to Selside Pike.... down to the Old Corpse Road and back to Haweswater...

10 miles 3250ft (half of ascent was in the first couple of miles). 2 new Wainwrights 4 to go...

Rather unsurprisingly it was quite a lonely run, given the zero visibility and MWIS warnings of -7 wind chill... passed a couple of people just above Gatescarth Pass... and was then amazed to meet a couple on the summit of Selside Pike.

Getting quite a liking for these lonely hills to the east of Kirkstone...
    Last edited by Travs; 04-11-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My first visit to Mardale Head today. What a fantastic amphitheater of mountains!

Up to Blea Tarn then onto High Street via Caspel Gate.... Over Mardale Ill Bell and via Nan Bield to Harter Fell.... Branstree via Gatescarth Pass.... from Branstree to Selside Pike.... down to the Old Corpse Road and back to Haweswater...

10 miles 3250ft (half of ascent was in the first couple of miles). 2 new Wainwrights 4 to go...

Rather unsurprisingly it was quite a lonely run, given the zero visibility and MWIS warnings of -7 wind chill... passed a couple of people just above Gatescarth Pass... and was then amazed to meet a couple on the summit of Selside Pike.

Getting quite a liking for these lonely hills to the east of Kirkstone...
    I think you went via Blea water well I sure do hope you did.
    The older I get the Faster I was