Page 1490 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 49099013901440148014881489149014911492150015401590 ... LastLast
Results 14,891 to 14,900 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

75 minutes and 1,000 ft around Billinge Woods. Easy paced, but longest running effort timewise since end July and hopefully can keep it going now.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

A solid 11 miles and 1750ft today, with some beastly weight work on the legs.... despite another disjointed week, managed a haul of 30 miles and 4800ft so fairly satisfactory...

Hopefully next week brings the consistency back, as the next three weekends (Fell Relays, Cardington Cracker, League XC) promise to be a challenge.

A climb-heavy one today.... 7 miles 3300ft... possibly unwise bearing in mind we have a club “Hill Session” tomorrow, although that will barely top 500ft in total!

Kenyan Hills session tonight (basically continuous effort up and down, rather than uphill or downhill efforts).

Carnage tonight, people strewn all over the path alongside the A45 through Cov... saw one guy on his knees about 17mins in with the effort...

I settled into the second group with three others, and set about slowly winding it up and breaking them... however they just wouldn’t die and stuck with me... I reached the bottom of the hill with 1min45 left of the session and went for it with gusto on the final section uphill... dropped two of them, but one lad stayed with me... managed to hold him off (just)! But I was bent double on the side of the road with cars beeping at me for a good minute or so...

Great session.

10 miles tonight, of which 25mins were hard effort.
    Last edited by Travs; 19-11-2019 at 10:58 PM.

just some gentle bimbling about at the moment. 4 miles along the canal yesterday morning at a steady pace. a nice steady run round my local woods in cragg vale this morning (with some cracking views from robin hood rocks) and then its Tod harriers pack run tonight so i'll probably have a bit of an effort with one of the faster groups tonight off road.

Mainly base training at the moment so trying not to push the intensity too much and just enjoy getting some miles in the bank. going to a stag do in Snowdonia at the weekend so i will be sneaking off to hopefully have a long run on the carneddau or something.

10 miles round the streets of Cov tonight, on a bitterly cold night (the first night where I’ve needed two layers since last winter).

As there were only two of us (the others having opted for a shorter option), I stuck with him and kept it very steady.

Felt good to get some easy miles under the belt. Felt even better to get in the car and turn the aircon up!

A fairly solid week... 37.5 miles and 10,800ft with a race still to come tomorrow.

Felt good this week, and despite some frankly horrendous family circumstances at the moment, it’s been a release to get away and let some steam off with some good sessions...

Track session tonight....

1200m, 800m, 400m, 1200m, 800m, 400m, 4 x 200m..... all off 90secs rest.

Felt strong tonight.... managed to hang with a couple of guys I can’t usually stick with on the flat. 7.5 miles total of which the above 3.5 miles were hard effort.

Big climb session tomorrow, then generally keeping it steady and consistent up to Sunday and the Cardington Cracker...

4100ft in an hour on the stairclimber. Didn’t push too hard but it was a long steady grind.

Easy sessions all the way to the weekend now. Saturday I’ll do a short sharp 4 miles or so. Usually find this works for me the day before a race.... nothing too heavy, just a decent pace for a few miles.

11 miles around the mean streets of western Coventry, in the cold, wind and rain. Passing such cultural delights as “the most polluted road in the West Midlands” and “where that guy got car-jacked at knifepoint last night”...

4 of us with a fairly close range of ability. 3 of us racing at the weekend, so an honourable pact was made between us to all take it steady tonight.

Inevitably that lasted all of a mile and a half.... a couple of surges and two of them were off at it like the clappers. I uncharacteristically managed to keep my composure, saying mature things like “I’ll do my racing on Sunday”, whilst battling the urge to chase after them.

So 11 steady miles, starting to feel strong again (by my own standards), hopefully it translates into a large pb on Sunday at Cardington.