Page 1494 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 49499413941444148414921493149414951496150415441594 ... LastLast
Results 14,931 to 14,940 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Travs

If you want a challenge, try this:
    http://users.aber.ac.uk/dip/nym/skyline.htm
    one word: tussocks!

In that area, you can park at Nant y Moch and then go south onto Y Garn (no path, but follow the reverse of the Nant y Moch route from CP9), then follow the ridge/fence to Pumlumon Fawr, Pumlumon Arwystli, pop down to the Source of the Severn, then back up and drop into the Afon Hengwm, following it back to Nant y Moch.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Thanks Dave...

I'll give that race route a look, I had been having a look at that area on google maps/OS maps, and in fact had thought about something similar to your Pynlimon/Severn/YGarn suggestion, but clockwise rather than the way you suggested.

Also considering parking up somewhere at Elan reservoirs and heading around Drygyn Fawr. Advantage of this being I can stop in Kington/Rhayader on the way back for a bite to eat!

Will see how it goes. Planning to be out on the Black Mountains next Monday first...!

Drygyn Fawr is a bog/tussock fest!

If in Rhayader try the Lost Arc, as long as it's not a Tuesday or Wednesday
    https://thelostarc.co.uk/cms/cafe/

Thanks Travs. In agreement with DM about Elan Valley and Pumlumon. This year they are extra wet underfoot. If you want something more rugged and drier underfoot you could visit the northern part of Mid Wales. Some great routes around Cadair Idris and Aran Fawddwy where you could even recce next years first British Champs race!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Cheers...

Yes I'd considered that thought, Cader Idris etc... however I'm planning to race Cader Idris, Ras Y Aran, and the Moelwyns, all in the first part of next year, so was thinking of getting somewhere I'm not likely to go in a race... will give it all some consideration...

In that part of mid-Wales I always fancied a look at Maesglase, Waun-oer etc.
    You could modify this route: https://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/walk-1107-description

You've just made me smile DM recalling an Irish friend of mine.

Paddy could never get a grip of Welsh pronunciations and Waun-oer amongst others was difficult for him. He used to refer to it as One Hour and it could get confusing if he was in that area and he was asked for his location/ETA via the,often crackly, radio.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 17-12-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

We had our Christmas finale tonight... nothing serious, just a gentle warmup, then split into teams for a few 100mtr and 200mtr relays.... knocked out 4 miles in total, of which 1 mile was various hard sprints...

Then it was our presentation night... managed to come 2nd in “Athlete of the year” by a single vote (I actually voted for the winner, our New Zealand Fell runner)..... to be honest he fully deserves it as he’s a quality athlete... I was just a case of quantity rather than quality...

18/12, set off out for a road potter

Black ice was pretty bad so opted for the canal towpath. A good option. Nice easy run up towards Chorley and back. Only 4 miles, but quiet and calm. Decent underfoot.
    4 miles 36 minutes.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Final club session of the year and 7.5 miles on track and road. 5 miles steady, but banged out the final 2.5 miles at a decent pace (pulled out 4 minutes over the rest of the group)... hoping to have a go at a flat fast Parkrun Saturday, but all depends on if I feel absolutely fresh... if not I’ll just do some steady miles...