Page 1498 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 49899813981448148814961497149814991500150815481598 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 14,980 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    A lovely dry and clear moonlit evening for tonight's 7mile and 1'300 feet RATRun from The Quiet Woman, Earl Sterndale which took in Chrome,Parkhouse and Hitter hills.

A welcoming open fire was blazing in this fantastic time warp hostelry where pork pie was washed down with Marstons EPA and a delicious XL Mild.
    I've never been inside, but the sign outside is the best pub sign I've ever seen.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I've never been inside, but the sign outside is the best pub sign I've ever seen.
    Yes AK, the sign is a cracker but I suspect it would not be allowed these days. Fortunately the easily offended snowflake brigade have not found Earl Sterndale yet.

As for the inside it looks as if it hasn't changed much for the last 50 or 60 years and if you are in the area, pop in, as the landlord Ken will not be around forever!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

A gentle, easy on the calf, 7 miles and only 750ft around soft local fields this morning in dead on an hour.

Lovely 2hr run anticlockwise around Barden Moor with a friend - Rombalds Stride training.

Last week was a disaster after the ankle turn.
    90 minutes on the exercise bike over two stints.
    A Saturday short 3.15 mile / 28:43 trot around the cycle paths of Witton to test the ankle - it was almost OK.
    Perhaps the best work out of the week was at my sister-in-law's 40th on Saturday night, spending the best part of 2 hours on the dance floor

Started back today with an early morning undulating 3 miler on road, 26:30
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

well done on your festive training, all.

2020 training started properly after wronging my ankle playing footy on boxing day.
    Squats yesterday morning, then a 6-mile pain-free run last night.
    Deadlifts today.

planning a couple of big long fell/xc runs in the next few weeks ahead of a crack at Northumberland’s own McWilliams round.

4.5 miles on the roads, followed by 8 x half mile reps with 75 seconds rest.

Thoroughly miserable and grim tonight. Won’t go too overboard with the weather, as there’s people out there on the Spine suffering much worse conditions... but constant hammering rain, and the wind was strong enough that I watched a couple of people in front of me on the reps “drafting” to try and minimise the wind!

Grand total of 10.5 miles tonight of which 4 miles were effort...

Aye on my little 6-mile rehab run where I nearly drowned, I couldn’t help but think of the poor souls doing the Spine!

Squats and presses today.
    Presses might sound like a weird one for a runner, but I’m convinced there’s a benefit to strong shoulders when uphilling, so I’m getting into them.

Day off tomorrow, then a big long run in the cheviots on Friday — might drop off some snacks at Hut 2!

I'm a big believer in having a (relatively) strong upper body for running. Presses, pulls, core work, rope climbs... Think there's a thread covering this subject pretty comprehensively down the page a bit... edit: yes it's just below!!

Woke up this morning feeling like my knee has been attacked by a hammer overnight.
    Last edited by Travs; 15-01-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Woke up this morning feeling like my knee has been attacked by a hammer overnight.
    Travs, your knee may have been, in its sleep, re-enacting the 3 goals your beloved Sky Blues scored last night to reach the FA Cup 4th round.
    Imagine how its going to feel after kicking a few Bluenoses in the next round!