Page 1501 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 501100114011451149114991500150115021503151115511601 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,010 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Are conditions bad over on the Mynd?

I shall definitely be at the race and am on the entry list, but a couple of weeks of barely being able to train (hence my absence from this thread!) means I’m also conscious that giving it a miss might be advisable.... but I’ll be on the course in that case as supporting a clubmate...

he is a high level runner (top 30 in the Stretton Eng Champs race last year) but the LMV bit him hard last year on those last few miles and he went backwards, nearly being caught by myself!

He’ll know what’s coming this year and certainly improve and could easily be top 10 or 20 (although we have got cross country the day before as well actually!)

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Just realised my previous post is a bit ambiguous! Any reference to ice or the climb of yearlet was regarding the pain in my calf and not anything to do conditions on the Long Mynd (of which I haven't a clue! &#128513

Hope to see you there, Pete, either running or supporting..

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Just realised my previous post is a bit ambiguous! Any reference to ice or the climb of yearlet was regarding the pain in my calf and not anything to do conditions on the Long Mynd (of which I haven't a clue! ��)

Hope to see you there, Pete, either running or supporting..

Understood now! I thought you were referring to Yearlet being in a state... although some might say it always is a state!!

First fell run of the year.
    6 3/4 mile, 1350 ft, 85 mins around Darwen Tower. Slow going, but felt better at the end than when I last did the same run in December before my ankle turn.
    I used to do runs like this in under 70, but will be happy just to get under 80 at the moment. Might try again in a couple of weeks.
    Was planning on Bleasdale as a first race, a lovely short local race, as Burnley are away at Southampton that day. But looks like we are live on BT Sport so may have to look for another option before the Stan Bradshaw.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Got back into training today with a solid 8 miles/3300ft.

After barely running, let alone training properly, for over two weeks, I’m not going to be XC-ing or Long Mynd Valleys-ing this weekend.... so it’s full steam ahead for the first NWales Champs race the weekend after at Conwy Mountain...

A cool and frosty evening for this weeks RATRun from The Moon, Stoney Middleton. 8 miles and 1,500ft over varied terrain which was surprisingly mud free.
    The cheesy chips back at The Moon were excellent as was the Wainwright Golden Ale and Monks Gold from Howard Town Brewery.The only downer being charged £4.20 a pint!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 07-02-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Another solid but steady day... 11 miles and 3050ft. Plenty of strength work.

A long walk today. An old mate and his wife are going through a divorce and yesterday was his big move. Decided to pay him a visit just to give him some company for a couple of hours, and as it was a nice day and work was quiet, I decided to walk.

17.75 miles, 5 hours, 2700ft (I think it was nearer 2000ft) from my corner of Blackburn to Holcombe Brook with a short pitstop at the Strawberry Duck at Entwistle.

Kept almost entirely to tracks and trails.

Glad Mrs WP picked me up. I wouldn't have made it back
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Good stuff WP.

90mins on the treadmill this morning. 8 miles 2900ft. Loads of strength work again.

Looking forward to a little run out on the Mynd tomorrow, spectating the Long Mynd Valleys.

After the Long Mynd Valleys was cancelled it was back to the treadmill to conclude the week.

Managed a weekly total of 36 miles/10,600ft.... not bad considering didn’t lace up the trainers at all until Thursday.

Felt good today and buzzing for next weekend’s opener in the North Wales Champs. Just the conundrum of another race to fit into the schedule (the rearranged LMV.... hoping it doesn’t fall the day after the National XC, that would be a weekend and a half...!)