Page 1506 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 506100614061456149615041505150615071508151615561606 ... LastLast
Results 15,051 to 15,060 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

A cold, still starlit evening for tonight's RATRun from The Waterloo, Biggin. 9 miles but only 800 feet across surprisingly firm fields and trail.The first run for months where feet were dry at the end!

Back at the Waterloo no chips available due to wine tasting evening so peanuts and crisps were washed down with Blonde Witch from Moorhouse's and Eros from Stancill.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Training Light this week. After a decent run last Sunday I went out Tuesday for 4 miles around Witton Park but felt a bit heavy legged.
    Still feeling the same Wednesday so just decided to rest up for the Stan Bradshaw, the old Half Tour of Pendle, which I got around in one piece yesterday.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

42 miles, 8100ft this week...

Next race is saturday, so have to be very careful this week...

Despite Sunday's race, managed to drag myself to club night, 25 minutes of Kenyan Hills up and down a very shallow slope. Managed to put in about 80% effort, but felt a bit of fatigue and strain from the weekend.

8.5 miles of which around 3.5 were reasonable effort.

Couple of easier days and then probably a rare rest day Friday, before Aran on Saturday.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Warley Woods again on the way home from work. 30 mins hill reps followed by 5k tempo run at 10k pace including hills

Post Stan Bradshaw legs were feeling it a bit.

Wednesday 3.14 miles / 28 minutes around Witton
    Thursday 3.22 miles / 28:30 around Witton
    Friday 3.73 Miles / 33:40 through Witton, Pleasington and back on Canal.

I'm due to go away to Fuerteventura for a week next weekend - with a little luck - so just trying to tick over until then.

Hopefully get a longer effort in on Sunday.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Whereabouts in Fuerteventura are you going WP....? Fabulous island, and great for running and cycling!

Finished another ten weeks off this morning... Averaged 33 miles and 8750ft per week. A bit down on usual, but has contained a pretty bad start to the year with family issues and a little bit of illness...

Felt much improved the past couple of weeks/races, and feeling stronger and raring to go each weekend..!
    Last edited by Travs; 15-03-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Whereabouts in Fuerteventura are you going WP....? Fabulous island, and great for running and cycling!
    Sorry Travs missed this. I'm not going now. It was supposed to be 2 nights Costa Antigua, 3 nights Morra Jable and 3 nights Corralejo.
    For another time now.
    I doubt the Crete in May is going to happen either.

I decided to rest up after Friday. The sore throat a clear sign I had something and whilst I felt fine knocking about at home, I did feel a little light-headed.

Throat settled down yesterday evening and no problem overnight so back out today with a gentle potter around Witton.
    4 miles undulating / 39 minutes.

It's doing my head in at the moment working at home, wall to wall corona virus everywhere on TV and internet, so I think I'm going to try and get out every day, nice and steady, just to try and keep me sane.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Sorry to hear that WP. Corralejo is where I stayed, and whilst perhaps the most 'touristy' area, it is very pleasant, and the sand dunes are stunning and go on for miles. Also the hills/volcanos out the back of the resort are of moderate altitude, but are steep and very rough...

Not been down to Morro Jable but that area of the island does look stunning.