Page 1510 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 510101014101460150015081509151015111512152015601610 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,100 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Personally the virtual stuff doesn't interest me one iota... not least because i don't use Strava or a gps watch, so i can't get properly involved even if i wanted to.

I think there was some kind of race/event linked to the National Road Relays, where 12 runners from the club submit a 5km time... our club went in for that, but there may have been technical issues.

On the other hand, i do appreciate the ability to maintain contact with my club/group... we have a Whatsapp group for sharing training/race info, and our coach is using that to issue training sessions once or twice a week... of course there is no obligation to do the sessions, but it's nice to retain some structure to the week, and feel part of the group.

We have another guy posting live circuit training sessions from his garden/kitchen on a monday evening, and various club "challenges" each week... planks, wall sits, skipping etc...

None of which interest me, but i guess some people find the motivation helps them to keep going...

What does rile me is "friends" on facebook tagging me in absolute bollocks challenges... i.e "run 5km or donate to the NHS..." sorry mate, i'm already running enough, and please don't tell me how to spend/donate my hard-earned money!
    Last edited by Travs; 18-04-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Another strong week... 75 miles, 14650ft with two decent rep sessions.

With the bookies predicting that i'll be furloughed later this week, hopefully going to get a few more weeks of good mileage.

Also hoping to use the next few weeks as an opportunity to try and knock a kg or two off...

Club session tonight... 5 x 1 min, 3 x 3mins, 5 x 1min, all off 1 minute rest/jog.

8.5 miles, of which approx 3.5 were hard effort (my final minute rep was a lot longer as i just kept going until empty!).

I think the official guidance from UK/EA to clubs is that runners should not be pushing themselves to maximum, thus potentially reducing their immune system. I expect that has filtered down to the coaches, hence my past few sessions looking a little light.

Obviously any session is tough if you work hard enough, but our usual club sessions would typically include more like 4 miles of hard effort, and they have been distinctly lower than that since the lockdown.

A steady 7.5 mile run this morning, and a progressive 8 mile tempo run this evening.

Ran my local parkrun course in a very disappointing 20:21

Ok I had to do a lot of weaving off the course to stay away from others. And I've been training twice a day since the lockdown, so not exactly fresh, but still way off where I should be.

Admittedly did go off a little hard, and it told on the final lap when I lost a stack of time.

Just have to write it off as a bad day, dust myself down, work hard, and try again in a couple of weeks!

Bit the bullet and did 200/400/600/800/600/400/200 on the playing fields across the road... horrible I’d have rather run 25 miles but I know it’s good for me so onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Bit the bullet and did 200/400/600/800/600/400/200 on the playing fields across the road... horrible I’d have rather run 25 miles but I know it’s good for me so onwards and upwards
    Great stuff... we do similar pyramid track sessions... but perhaps 4 x 200m and 2 x 400m at each end... can confirm they hurt like hell!!

Very steady 11 miles flat today.

24hrs on from my poor outing yesterday, i'm feeling a little more philosophical... perhaps my body needs time to get used to regular 70 mile weeks, and just going out and doing a 5km attempt without any prior thought or preparation, i was never going to break a pb on tired legs... still doesn't hide the fact that it wasn't a good run though!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Great stuff... we do similar pyramid track sessions... but perhaps 4 x 200m and 2 x 400m at each end... can confirm they hurt like hell!!

Very steady 11 miles flat today.

24hrs on from my poor outing yesterday, i'm feeling a little more philosophical... perhaps my body needs time to get used to regular 70 mile weeks, and just going out and doing a 5km attempt without any prior thought or preparation, i was never going to break a pb on tired legs... still doesn't hide the fact that it wasn't a good run though!
    Another couple of weeks and I’ll start to add to it hopefully, just wish I could be as comfortable as when putting a stride in at the end of a long run, hopefully it’ll come with time.

Another solid week numbers-wise... 73.5 miles/12,300ft...

Minor disappointment with the poor "parkrun" effort. Hopefully will see a longer-term benefit with some good strength to take into the rest of the year, whenever that may be.

Furloughed now so at least another three weeks of good mileage all being well.

a rare run as Mrs WP was back in work.

3.6 miles, 660ft, 37 minutes

Off up Gib Lane towards Tockholes, then down Broken Stone Rd before up Stockclough Rd and cross country to the Rock Inn where I was meeting her as she walked back from her work.
    Started at 370ft and finished at 740ft so pretty pleased to be almost 10 minute miling.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell