Page 1511 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 511101114111461150115091510151115121513152115611611 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,110 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Waited for the rain and very quiet, so a good move, although just a light shower on the gravel cycle tracks around Witton made it feel quite slippy with the sap off the trees probably to blame.

Heavy legged, so a faster than expected 3.13 miles, 27:05 run down to Witton and back.

39 days on the bounce now and even though most has been walking, I fell like I need a couple of days off at some point, but I'm loathe to do it
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Club night.... 1min, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Varying rest periods which i didn't even attempt to memorise, so kept it at a minute's rest throughout.

8 miles.

Another Witton run. Went just after rain had stopped today. Still quiet. Stuck mostly to the grass which was nice underfoot with just a little give for a change.

I felt stiff as a board and a touch of sciatica down my right leg. 40 days now. I will at some point put some rest or very easy days in and then see if I can pick it up a little.

4.25 miles, 38 mins.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Another flatish 6.5km road run 5km of which were pretty much full gas. My knees will be glad when this is all over and we can return to hills and mud.

6 x 1 mile tempo efforts. With rest periods, warm up/down, a reasonable quality 9.5 miles.

5.30 miles, 68 minutes, 1150ft

First run up Billinge Woods for a fair while. I had my first proper day off for 40 days yesterday and felt OK today. My aching feet were certainly in better order.

Steady away, but on the first downhill got a sharp pain in the right hip. I get a bit of sciatica in there at times, but this was different and had me worried initially. Stopped for a couple of minutes, stretched and walked around. Decided to cart on and walked it off. Steady from them on, especially down hill.

Might stick to flat or bike this weekend.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

A steady 13 miles through the grim landscape of the Coventry Canal, then back north out of the city on one of the main arterial roads.

Bought about a total of 83 miles and 15,000ft for the week... my 3rd biggest week ever, and my highest ever week whilst training solely from home base (my two bigger weeks were in Skye and the Lakes respectively).

Should certainly hit another reasonable total next week, but will be dropping it down for a couple of days after tuesday's session, with a view to another "parkrun" attempt on friday or saturday, hopefully on slightly fresher legs than my previous attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    A steady 13 miles through the grim landscape of the Coventry Canal, then back north out of the city on one of the main arterial roads.

Bought about a total of 83 miles and 15,000ft for the week... my 3rd biggest week ever, and my highest ever week whilst training solely from home base (my two bigger weeks were in Skye and the Lakes respectively).

Should certainly hit another reasonable total next week, but will be dropping it down for a couple of days after tuesday's session, with a view to another "parkrun" attempt on friday or saturday, hopefully on slightly fresher legs than my previous attempt.
    83 miles cracking mileage

Admittedly that's a combination of road and treadmill.

Finding the increased mileage sustainable as long as I stick to my regulation two hard sessions a week. At least another fortnight of furlough so hope to keep it up a while longer...

popped in a 30 minute exercise bike this morning before my walk this afternoon.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell