Page 1519 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 519101914191469150915171518151915201521152915691619 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,190 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Record number of orders over the weekend to get out today, but managed to sneak a shorty in.

3.06 miles, 26:33 around Witton with an effort on mile 2 of 7:39
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Pyramid session.... 1min,2min,3,4,5,4,3,2,1.... all with 90 seconds easy in between.

Ran it on the treadmill as feet still a little bashed up from the weekend (off out the door to Derby Runner in a minute to hopefully pick up some new fell shoes).

8.5 miles including warm up/down.

Bowderdale - West Fell - Hazel Gill Knot - The Calf and back to Bowderdale. 10.8 miles 2322 feet ascent. 2 hrs 8 mins. First run out of my own dale since lockdown. Light drizzle, then persistent drizzle and hill cloud with stiff westerly breeze on the outward leg, and then clearing skies and rapidly rising temperature on the homeward journey. Masses of cleggs around the car!!!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Early morning run from the wife's work back home via Darwen Tower and Tockholes.
    7.04, 938ft, 73 minutes
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Track session this evening...

Had hoped for 8 x 800mtrs. However after the 5th i started to feel early signs of heat-stress, so called it a day after the 6th rep.

Kept them between 2:52-2:55, which was very pleasing as my expectation would have been around 2:56 on a normal-weather day, and i would have taken anything below 3mins in today's heat.

6 miles total.

A trot out with Mrs WP around the bulk of the Winter Warmer 10K route. It's usually 1st weekend in Feb and I have raced it in better conditions before

5.52 mile, 51:20, 500ft
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Up to Beacon Hill, out via Buck Hill, back by direct route. Loads of walkers out on all parts of the route; impossible to leave even one metre distance between me and them on some of the narrower paths, but we did our best. I try to turn my face away from people as I go past. And of course the probability of transmitting viruses depends on the time spent in proximity (very short) as well as the distance.

On the descent from Buck Hill, one girl of about 7 seemed to think she was a sheep. Those of you who have cycled on roads through open fell country know the scenario: you are cruising down a hill, there's a sheep standing calmly on one side of the road, apparently ignoring you, then the sheep suddenly dashes across the road just in front of you. Anyway, I didn't crash into the girl, just like I've never crashed into a sheep while cycling.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

3 laps of the Draycote Reservoir to the south of Rugby this morning.

Possibly up to 100 other runners circuiting the 4.75mile reservoir, in various groups or individually. I was just about the only one running clockwise, and i found out why as soon as i hit the lake end-wall... the wind! was like trying to round Cape Horn...

Despite some toe issues caused by last weekend's fell run (now "operated" on with some TCP, sharp scissors and plenty of tissues).... managed to progressively increase the speed each lap... although i wasn't really going hell-for-leather by any means. Averaged around 7:20/mile for the 14 mile run.

Brings the weekly total to 69 miles and 9800ft. Next weekend hoping to have a "full speed" attempt at that Shropshire mini-round i did last weekend... Plus a track session tuesday morning... then the full-time running dream is over, as recalled from furlough as of wednesday!

Track session.

18 x 400mtrs with 1 minute recovery.

Managed to keep them between 80-85secs, which is a bit of a variation, but wasn't expecting much better than consistent 86secs with how i felt prior to the session, so overall quite pleasing.

Amazing how the fatigue creeps up though... after 14 reps i was thinking i'd make it to 20... but after 16 reps i was struggling to get started for the final couple!!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Track session.

18 x 400mtrs with 1 minute recovery.

Managed to keep them between 80-85secs, which is a bit of a variation, but wasn't expecting much better than consistent 86secs with how i felt prior to the session, so overall quite pleasing.

Amazing how the fatigue creeps up though... after 14 reps i was thinking i'd make it to 20... but after 16 reps i was struggling to get started for the final couple!!
    400s can be a tough session, but I always found 500s worse. Must be something to do with the distance and energy systems used.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell