Page 1529 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 529102914291479151915271528152915301531153915791629 ... LastLast
Results 15,281 to 15,290 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Was it round Draycote Water Travs? A nice road circuit if I remember correctly. What's the 3000? I'm trying to find one for my Louise.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Was it round Draycote Water Travs? A nice road circuit if I remember correctly. What's the 3000? I'm trying to find one for my Louise.
    Hi Gaz...

Yes, Draycote.... a lovely run, surprisingly undulating for the perimeter of a reservoir!

It's the Midland Masters at Pingles Stadium, Nuneaton. Sunday 6th September... although i believe the weekend before there is an Open competition at the same venue.

https://uk.entry4sports.com

Ah cheers mate. There's nothing further than 1500 in that and it's full anyway!

Worth checking the other meets on that site... Kettering, Loughborough, etc... Seems to be new meets on there on an almost daily basis at the moment.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Why you shouldn't wear earphones while walking (or running) in the countryside:-

As I was running along a narrow section of the path towards Buck Hill, there was a woman wearing the said devices ahead of me. She hadn't noticed the sound of my footsteps or breathing, so when I was about three metres behind her I called out "Behind you" (not very loudly, I didn't have that much breath). No reaction. She went through a gate and was closing it behind her; I got hold of the gate and, by chance, a twig snapped loudly as I stepped on it at the same moment. She "jumped out of her skin" (as the saying goes). Due to the earphones, I didn't have much sympathy.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Poor going of late.
    Out today for a 1 miler in 10 minutes to drop the parcels off at the Post office and then a 2.75 mile potter back with some grass loops on a small common in 23:30
    The only positive is that the 23:30 felt more like 26+
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

very similar again today.
    1 miler in 10 minutes parcel run again and 2.75 miles on same terrain as yesterday in 24:41

I had to use my phone for Strava yesterday so I suspect I was more like 2.5-2.6 yesterday as I took a slightly shorter line, but the phone doesn't record as accurately.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Tonight's RATRun was a 7 and a half miles and just over 1,000 feet from the New Inn at Flash, the Highest village in Britain. On a glorious evening 8 of us firstly went out to Cheeks Hill before joining the Dane Valley Way and following it on a lovely contour around to Danebower Colliery and its magnificent ventilation chimney which is rightly a Scheduled Monument. We then continued on the DVW down to Three Shires Head and then went up left to Hawks Nest.
    From there it was all uphill through fields, one of which contained Emu's that chased and pecked us, back to Flash. A comical and scary experience!
    The comedy continued in the New Inn where the landlady arrived at the bar with a large fry-up for her tea. She advised me that if we wanted beer I would have to serve myself, which I duly did, pulling five of the best pints of Bosley Cloud from Storm Brewing that you ever did see. They also tasted good.

A great evening in an area I have not run in before and other than us not another person in sight. Also my first visit to a great little pub, the likes of which are sadly, nowadays, few and far between.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 21-08-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Tonight's RATRun was a 7 and a half miles and just over 1,000 feet from the New Inn at Flash, the Highest village in Britain. On a glorious evening 8 of us firstly went out to Cheeks Hill before joining the Dane Valley Way and following it on a lovely contour around to Danebower Colliery and its magnificent ventilation chimney which is rightly a National Monument. We then continued on the DVW down to Three Shires Head and then went up left to Hawks Nest.
    From there it was all uphill through fields, one of which contained Emu's that chased and pecked us, back to Flash. A comical and scary experience!
    A few years ago I walked up by Danebower, and I was wondering what the chimney was. Now I know.

Presumably you have complained to Rod Hull about not keeping his charges under control?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    Any cheesy chips Llani?
    Poacher turned game-keeper