Page 1545 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 545104514451495153515431544154515461547155515951645 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,450 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Anyway a good run out and over the moon to be 1st O/A, 1st MV60 and 1st Local
    I think that triple has only been topped by Dave Spedding in the 2006 Borrowdale when he won prizes for being 13th overall, 4th V40, First V50, First V60 and a counter for Keswick as 2nd team.

I was 2nd V60 and I just watched in awe!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Congratulations on your famous victory Llani Boy...!

68 miles, 11,600ft this week. An encouraging week, with a very good hard session, a pleasing 5km effort yesterday, and a 1hr45 decent runout today.

Next week expecting the mileage to go up again, not sure exactly what else i'll pan for the week, but will have a club solo session to do. And at some point in the next fortnight i hope to go for an all-out attack at a 5km pb.

Ran an impromptu marathon on the road yesterday. Never run one before, though have done further off-road. Do most of my mid-week running on the roads, so wasn't too bad, but my legs/feet were definitely feeling the pounding in the last 10km so. A shade under 3h30m, which I was pretty happy with given it was a lumpy route, 50+km in the week and carrying some kit with me. Hoping to tune that up a bit as base for e.g. 3 Peaks and longer off-road stuff next year (fingers crossed).
    Geoff Clarke

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Congratulations on your famous victory Llani Boy...!

68 miles, 11,600ft this week. An encouraging week, with a very good hard session, a pleasing 5km effort yesterday, and a 1hr45 decent runout today.

Next week expecting the mileage to go up again, not sure exactly what else i'll pan for the week, but will have a club solo session to do. And at some point in the next fortnight i hope to go for an all-out attack at a 5km pb.
    69.4 miles for the week, 19,580 feet, but dead slow at 17 hours 40 minutes. It helps if you are retired so you can choose when to run!

Club session... 2 x 2 mile tempo efforts, with 4 minutes rest.

Feeling full of enthusiasm and confidence at the moment, i did three efforts, although probably ran the first one a little too easily.

9 miles.

Great to see this thread prospering during difficult times... Hank casually knocking out a road marathon without a second thought, and MikeT that is some amount of climbing in a week!!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    A rather slow run up Beacon Hill, and back via Windmill Hill. Didn't feel very energetic, but managed to keep running* all the way up Beacon Hill. Later in the run I was slowed to a walk on the recently harvested maize field, where the machinery had made deep ruts across the footpath in the slippery mud.

It's amazing how one can find an extra turn of speed on passing through a path junction and seeing an attractive female ten yards ahead on the next path. Lechery doesn't decline with age.

* As mentioned previously on this forum, I define "running" as any gait that would get me disqualified in a race walk. It would be interesting to time myself "running" up some of the steeper hills in this area, and also time myself walking up the same hills.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

A solo headtorch bash up Whernside last night from Station Inn. Mega hill fog higher up with added drizzle all added extra ‘atmosphere’ to the experience. And lots and lots of mud and rubble of course. A grand run out all the same - 6.8 miles and 1,555 feet in 1hr 21

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post

* As mentioned previously on this forum, I define "running" as any gait that would get me disqualified in a race walk. It would be interesting to time myself "running" up some of the steeper hills in this area, and also time myself walking up the same hills.
    I still remember the race when an English Champion "walked" past me as I was "running" up a hill.

It was a Eureka moment. "If that's the way Champions do it then so should I"
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

The intention this morning had been to go down to Warwick Racecourse and run the very fast parkrun course there, in an all-out attempt at taking a chunk out of my 5km pb.

But waking up and seeing the rain and standing water, i decided it probably wasn't a day for gaining an optimum time. So stayed local.

12 x 2mins hard/2mins easy.

10 miles including warm up and warm down. Training has been a little patchy over the latter part of the week due to work, but still hoping to clear 60 miles by the time the weekend is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I still remember the race when an English Champion "walked" past me as I was "running" up a hill.
    Was it a 2 lap race?
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run