Page 1551 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 551105114511501154115491550155115521553156116011651 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,510 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Those hill reps on Tuesday did me good. On today's run over Buck Hill and the Outwoods, I ran most of the way up the north ridge of Buck Hill, for the first time in several weeks.

[For those who aren't familiar with the north ridge of Buck Hill, think of the north ridge of Tryfan: to someone about two inches tall, the north ridge of Buck Hill would look fairly similar to how the north ridge of Tryfan looks to us.]
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Couldn't resist.
    Nice morning, legs felt OK so off to Tockholes.
    6 mile loop, 1100 ft, 70 minutes.
    Really steady but good to be back on the tops.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

A slow and steady week, no big sessions as been getting the hip back into shape.

Brings another 10 week period to an end, which averaged 58 miles and 13,600ft per week. That's 40 weeks in a row now averaging above 55 miles and not really falling below 11,000ft/week.

Onto the next ten weeks... Xmas club time trial next weekend... hopefully the next round of the club XC early Jan... then see what happens (or doesn't) race-wise.... At the moment the Marsden-Edale is scheduled for early feb, and whilst i have severe doubts it will go ahead, all you can do is plan for what is scheduled, then move onto the next one...

Made a comeback to club training last night after a minor hip flexor issue. Joined in with a different group... younger, more people, and while they were no quicker than my usual "masters" group, there were a good deal more who were at or close to my pace, which gave the racing instinct!

7 x 1km with 1 minute rest.
    3:33, 3:31, 3:29, 3:29, 3:31, 3:35, 3:35

So i tailed off on the last couple. I've been hammering the strength work last couple of weeks in the absence of doing hard running sessions, so i did feel the fatigue from about the 4th rep.

But a good 8.5 miles, coupled with 6.5 miles easy in the morning, gave a decent haul yesterday.
    Last edited by Travs; 23-12-2020 at 03:41 PM.

4.5 miles, 700ft, 50 minutes ish.

Went up Bilinge Woods then across the Yellow Hills. Stopped for 10 minutes at the Wainwright circle to enjoy the views.
    A bit of mist over Morecambe Bay blocking the Lakes today but clear across to North Wales, Bowland, Ingleborough and Pendle and great view across the valley to Darwen Tower and Great Hill with the low sun in the background.

Lovely underfoot with the frost turning the squelch in to crusty but forgiving ground.

Got it in this morning around 9:30 with the best of the weather. Just sitting down now after making the Xmas dinner for 5 adults and a toddler.

Merry Xmas all.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    4.5 miles, 700ft, 50 minutes ish.

Went up Bilinge Woods then across the Yellow Hills. Stopped for 10 minutes at the Wainwright circle to enjoy the views.
    A bit of mist over Morecambe Bay blocking the Lakes today but clear across to North Wales, Bowland, Ingleborough and Pendle and great view across the valley to Darwen Tower and Great Hill with the low sun in the background.

Lovely underfoot with the frost turning the squelch in to crusty but forgiving ground.

Got it in this morning around 9:30 with the best of the weather. Just sitting down now after making the Xmas dinner for 5 adults and a toddler.

Merry Xmas all.
    Merry xmas WP!

Today was the club xmas race/time-trial, organised by yours truly.

Visiting all three rail stations on the West Coast Main Line in the city, any route can be taken, start/finish at the clubhouse.

This provided the usual merry banter, with runners charging all over the southern and western parts of the city in different directions... I incurred the wrath of one of our better XC runners by arriving at each station 50 yards in front, despite him thinking he had dropped me each time... Unfortunately the hard effort told and he took a minute out of me on the final couple of miles back to the finish.

8.9 miles for me in 59:19, which i make around 6:40/mile pace. I was certainly running a lot faster than that at the start, and the final section, but a large section in the middle was uphill into a vicious headwind.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I do hope no GPS was allowed!

I made no rules relating to GPS either way. My single stipulation was one attempt only, so if you mess it up then no second chances!

It was an entertaining couple of hours collating and checking the various routes used

Is that Tile Hill, Canley and Coventry?
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run