Page 1553 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 553105314531503154315511552155315541555156316031653 ... LastLast
Results 15,521 to 15,530 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

A headtorch run this evening with a pal on a beautiful cold, crisp and clear winter evening. From Hurdlow, a steady 6.5 miles and only 485 feet in 58 minutes mainly along the Tissington Trail which had a nice thin layer of recent snow enabling decent purchase on the frozen surface.
    A short clandestine scurry over some fields and obstacles to reach todays TP at Lean Low and then back down to the trail and return to Hurdlow.

No one seen but a beautiful Barn Owl flew across on the way home.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 07-01-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

A cold, misty and murky day for an 8 mile and 1,200 feet walk in 2hrs 27 min with the dogs. Down through the fields to Haddon Hall and then up farm tracks before a footpath into Manners Wood. At the top I saw two young ladies sharing a hot drink and one of them asked "have you seen a Beagle" at which point Sherlock came flying out of the woods without a care the world. Not the breed of dog you want to let loose in vast woodland and parkland when it is misty. I was being sensible, for a change, and kept my Springers on the lead.

From there a walk alongside the boundary wall between the Haddon and Chatsworth Estates brought me to todays TP at Calton Pastures. A muddy descent down through Manners Wood over the golf course into Bakewell and up the hill back home.

A punishing 6 mile hill session on the treadmill at 15% gradient. Managed 1hr03 which is slightly quicker than my effort last week.

Not an easy session by any means, despite the smooth surface.

A trip down memory lane today, and a run out through the city to the old Highfield Road football ground, through the city centre, and then back north home. 11.5 miles, all very steady on a bitterly cold morning.

Total for the week 70.5 miles.

Next week... will see what the club session is all about, but i fancy a pop at a 5km effort at some point, weather depending.

Weight 81.4kg... not happy with that, but i feel that the xmas peak has now been and passed, and will hope to be looking at sub 81kg next week.

However the major news was agreeing a verbal offer on the sale of my house, which if it becomes a contracted sale, will be most of the major hurdles overcome towards moving north this year.
    Last edited by Travs; 10-01-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

Total for the week 70.5 miles.
    Brilliant Travs. You and MikeT are really clocking up the mileage. My Garmin has recorded a measly 28.3 miles running total this week and even with X4 indoor rowing sessions I fall well behind that mileage. I can see I'm going to have to dust the bike off
    Am Yisrael Chai

Todays training was a mid morning 8.5 mile, 997 feet run in 1hr 20min to make room for a takeaway lunchtime treat of The Lathkil Hotels Sunday Lunch.

The run was a variation on the Leg It Round Lathkil FR route the difference being that instead of climbing the 174 steps out of Cales Dale I carried on up the ever narrowing dale, for the first time, on a barely distinguishable path that was strewn with grass and moss covered limestone rocks. There were also a number of fallen trees and branches to clamber either over or under. A beautiful and quiet place, but not for running, and I am told that in summer there are waist high nettles!

Once out of the dale a farm track and two fields lead to the road and after half a mile I reached, across another field, the reason for the route variation in todays TP at Long Rake. Back to the road and after another half mile I picked up the race route back to the Lathkil Hotel.

Once I got going I realised that it was a lot milder than expected and was a layer overdressed. Very slippery on the wet limestone but the fields had thawed enough to give my Scott Supertrac Ultra RC's perfect purchase.

An enjoyable run followed by a fantastic roast lunch.

A thoroughly wet, murky and miserably day for todays walk with the dogs from home. Down into Lathkill Dale and up the other side over to Youlgrave, down into Bradford Dale and up the other side to todays TP at Hopping Top.
    Back down to Bradford Dale at Middleton and over to Lathkill Dale again and up the hill home.

7.5 miles and 1,300 feet in 2hrs 30min. I've not had such a soaking for a long time. I only saw two other people walking, separately, and they ignored me when I said hello. I could see that they had those white things in their ears and would obviously prefer listening to music than to the sound of the countryside.

I don't get it.

Repeated my treadmill hill session of the past two weeks. 6 miles, 15% gradient.

62:36..... half a minute quicker than last week. Already wincing at the thought of trying to knock it under 62:30 next week.

Walked 1.5 miles in the snow to collect my newspaper. My but it's grim up north.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Walked 1.5 miles in the snow to collect my newspaper. My but it's grim up north.
    How did you get back with your newspaper?
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker