Page 1560 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 560106014601510155015581559156015611562157016101660 ... LastLast
Results 15,591 to 15,600 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

A lovely moonlit run tonight with my pal. From Crowdicote, over the Dove and after a few boggy fields a nice uphill traverse which took us below Upper Whittle and above Under Whittle to the Sheen Road. A couple of hundred yards of tarmac before steeply back down to the Dove and Pilsbury Castle. Uphill again to Pilsbury Lodge.

Headtorches were switched on here as the next mile and a half was on OA land, mainly following a faint path and a few tussocky/rocky sheep trods. We popped out on the road above Crowdicote, crossed it, and followed the sheep trod/path up to the TP on High Wheeldon. Down the other side to Alderly Cliff and back through fields to Crowdicote.

Just over 7 miles and 1,300 feet in 1hr 18min. No one else seen.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Buck Hill and the Outwoods: about 4 minutes faster than my last few runs on that route; which means only 2 minutes slower than I was doing last Summer. So fairly reassuring.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Did a mile flat out time-trial this morning.

5:21

Previous best was 5:22.9 which was in a proper track race. Given todays effort on the road with no proper race conditions, i'm fairly satisfied.

Once again, whilst at the time i was wishing i'd never even started, i felt fully recovered within two minutes and was beating myself up for not putting more effort in.

A lovely still and sunny morning, for a 15 mile road run. Headed east, then into Coventry from the north-east, all the way into the city centre, then headed north back to home.

7:20/mile pace, which was plenty enough after yesterdays hard effort.

Weekly total of 78 miles, and brings another 10 weeks to a close, with a weekly average of 69 miles, which is a definite increase, having been hovering around the 60mpw mark for the past year.

It has been a struggle mentally the past few weeks to keep focused, with the seemingly endless lockdown and no news to speak of... but it's been overall a positive couple of months, with 20secs knocked off my 5km pb, and a couple of seconds taken off my mile pb.

The next 10 weeks will hopefully be a positive change for everyone, with the recent announcements. Personally, i'm raring to go when the races start. Possibly one or two track races in April if i can squeeze them in. And of course club training. But more of a focus for me is that by the time the next 10 weeks are up, i will have hopefully moved to the Lake District, and restarted racing on the fells.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Travs; 28-02-2021 at 02:23 PM.

A lovely evening sunset for todays run which was, after yesterdays bike ride, a heavy legged flattish affair along the Pennine Bridleway and High Peak Trail.

10 miles and 461 feet in 1hr 19 mins. Weekly goal of 25 miles reached. Quicker than it felt! Only one person seen, a chap taking photographs of the setting sun over Axe Edge.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 28-02-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Tonight's headtorch run with a pal was from Heathcote along bridleways and then up Wolfscote Hill. Down to Whim Brewery and the River Dove and then downstream to its junction with Biggin Dale. A month ago this path was knee deep in water but tonight only ankle deep, despite the dry spell. The water table is still high.

A wet and slippery underfoot nearly 2 mile gentle ascent of Biggin Dale with a couple of nice grassy sections. Left at the road and tarmac back to Heathcote.

A cold but dry evening for the 7 miles, 785 feet in 1hr 5 min. Not a soul seen.

After taking a rare complete rest day yesterday, it was back to work this morning...

6 x 1 mile, with 400mtrs easy rest between.

Did this on the treadmill today, (inspired by a podcast from a clubmate who has been in a similar boat to me... working from home, increased mileage a lot over the lockdown, and quite a lot of treadmill work... but he has seen some really impressive improvements... although he was way above my level anyway)

So times are not really relevant. But 10 miles all-in.

Another tough one on the treadmill this morning. 6 miles all uphill 15% gradient.

Put in numerous reps of between 3-5mins, and finished the 6 miles in about 1hr08

Can certainly go a lot harder, have done same session in under 1hr03 when really going for it, but still a good session. Estimated climb approx 4000ft.

Weight continuing to go well since i started tracking it regularly, my second consecutive week sitting comfortably below 80kg (was 79.5kg this morning).

13 miles/800ft cross-country this morning, and a gentle 3.5 miles this evening. Brings weekly total to 68 miles, which is fairly pleasing given i had one complete rest day.

Next week, hoping to do a longer hard session midweek, perhaps 10-15km at under 20min/5km pace.

Possibility of both 1500mtrs and Steeplechase track races next month, subject to races going ahead and my own logistics around moving house. Would be looking to get some change out of 5mins for the 1500 and an ambitious target of 12mins for the SC.

Perfect running weather for todays solitary outing. A foray into the easterly Staffordshire Moorlands. Starting at The Butchers Arms at Reaps Moor over marshy fields to, and then up Blake Brook to Lower Fleetgreen before up through OA land to the first TP at Merryton Low. I lost the path/trod which resulted in around 300yds of knee deep energy sapping heather and tussock bashing.

Down from the TP and over fields and through a number of farms including Lower Green Farm where a short ascent led to the second TP at Hill House. Steeply down the other side to the hamlet of Elkstone and then another series of marshy fields and tracks up to the third TP of Revidge. Downhill again, the last half mile being tarmac, back to The Butchers Arms.

A nice circuit over varied terrain in beautiful countryside and 3 TP's. All the route is on PROW many of which are not visible on the ground due to lack of footfall.

A total of 9 miles, 1,400 feet in 1hr 33min
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 07-03-2021 at 10:21 PM.