Page 1587 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 587108714871537157715851586158715881589159716371687 ... LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,870 of 16893

Thread: Today's Training

Another solid week. Decent club session midweek and relatively satisfactory race today, 69 miles.

Next week hopefully get another club session in midweek if i'm recovered (from both yesterday's jab and today's race), then preparing for Jubilee Plunge (fingers crossed) on the 27th...

Tonight's RATRun saw just 5 of us set off from The Bulls Head at Monyash under clear skies up Hutmoor Butts to the A515 and across fields to the High Peak Trail. Along the trail and back across the 515 at Pomeroy then a few fields before Blinder Lane and then more fields down to Flagg. Back to Monyash via the Limestone Way.

Back at the very busy Bull cheesy chips were washed down with Timothy Taylor Landlord 4.3%.

Just over 7 miles and a very gentle 600 feet in just under the hour. Mainly soft, but not saturated, fields made for lovely running.

Worth noting was that one of our group ticked off 250'000 feet of running ascent for 2021 and another gave us, courtesy of his wife, a bag each of 50 handmade chocolate liqueurs(wrong shape seconds) that where they are sold at Selfridges, Chatsworth, Harrods etc are £1.10 each!

Merry Christmas to all.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Worth noting was that one of our group ticked off 250'000 feet of running ascent for 2021 and another gave us, courtesy of his wife, a bag each of 50 handmade chocolate liqueurs(wrong shape seconds) that where they are sold at Selfridges, Chatsworth, Harrods etc are £1.10 each!

Merry Christmas to all.
    Was talking to a friend at Callow on sunday.... in fact he's a very occasional forumite, TrevorM of Dark Peak... he ticked over 500,000ft for the year on the first climb up Ashlet last sunday...

Both figures show great consistency of training.

I've stopped measuring ascent, but i averaged 58.5 miles weekly for the year... which incidentally is exactly the same as 2020...! 70mpw consistently through 2022 is the target.

A steady week, 71 miles.

Not bad considering the other commitments over xmas week. No hard session, but had raced hard last sunday, and racing again tomorrow. Did plenty of strength work in the first half of the week though.

Next week... tomorrow's aforementioned race, and hopefully a parkrun next saturday, then following on from there will be straight back into the heart of the XC season.

Good luck on tomorrows "plunge" Travs

A steady 11.5 miles today brings the weekly total to a solid 68 miles.

No new years day Parkrun.... what i thought were severe DOMS from the downhill exertions at Jubilee Plunge, turned into a couple of minor strains and niggles, so bearing in mind the heavy XC schedule in January, i kept everything steady.

Next week, hopefully a club session on tuesday, but only if feeling 100% fresh, then county XC on saturday.

A midweek weigh-in showed me that i'd gained a kg over the xmas period... not overly worried, i expect to see that off over the next week or two.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    It was supposed to be a run over Buck Hill and the Outwoods; only my third run since my hip flexor problem has been resolved. But the bright sunshine burnt away any semblance of common sense that I may have had, and as I reached the path junction on the descent from Buck Hill I turned right towards Beacon Hill rather than left to the Outwoods. So, my longest run for about 4 months, albeit very slow.

Back at the Cat and Cello*, cheesy pasta was washed down with Yorkshire Tea. [Sorry Llani, that's the sort of fare you can expect if you ever have the misfortune to appear at my place.]

*Not the Cat and Fiddle. We have a cat and my son's cello, but no fiddle.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

After an afternoon of snow, which had left treacherous driving conditions, only 3 of us turned out on tonight's RATRun from The Cock and Pullet at Sheldon.

Cold and windy, but dry, we drooped into Great Shacklow Woods and turned left towards White Lodge where we crossed the A6. We then followed the very muddy path alongside the River Wye to the Monsal Viaduct from where we climbed up to the Monsal Head Hotel. Across a series of slippery fields and then down into Ashford in the Water. Back across the A6 and up to the mast near Arrock Plantation, down into Kirk Dale followed by a few fields back to Sheldon.

Very slow progress over a combination of ice, mud, slush and slippery limestone. Seven and a half miles, 1,240 feet in 1hr 18. Back at the Cock and Pullet delicious cheesy chips were washed down with Farmers Blonde 4% from Bradfield Brewery.

The unfortunate cancellation of our county XC race meant i headed down to the local parkrun instead this morning.

19:45 on a miserable, wet and windy morning. The trail sections were most unpleasant in road shoes, was rather fortunate to stay upright.... that said, it was a slow time for me, although i was making a conscious effort to try and keep a relaxed manner, and not "red line" it too much.

12 miles across two sessions today, brings the week to a close with a total of 77 miles.

Next week will definitely get the club session in on tuesday, then it's back to the League XC next weekend, on one of my favourite courses at Warley Woods in Smethwick.