Page 1592 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 59210921492154215821590159115921593159416021642 ... LastLast
Results 15,911 to 15,920 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    4 x 10 minute efforts this morning, with 3 minute rests between.

I didn't go flat out, nor did i monitor my pace.... instead concentrating on trying to be relaxed throughout. But at an estimate i'd say the reps were somewhere either side of 20min/5km pace.

8 miles in total.

Hoping to have a bash at a local parkrun on saturday, not a pb attempt, hopefully just keep it somewhere in the low 19's
    I'm hoping to find a sub 20 parkrun at some point in the near future, my chest crap has held me back dramatically.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Tonight's RATRun was a depleted affair with only 3 of us setting off on a very cold and windy evening from the Waterloo at Biggin.
    Across fields to the A515 and up to Uppermoor Farm. Down to Cardlemere Lane and onto the High Peak Trail. Up to the TP at Aleck Low and down to the Tissington Trail where after a short run along it we returned through fields to the Waterloo.
    A gentle 7 miles and 661 feet in 1hr 7 mins.

Some of the best chips we have had on a Thursday night were washed down with a great pint of Fullers London Pride 4.1%.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Had a run round the local parkrun this morning. Very windy.

Ran fairly steadily throughout, 19:32..... I ran the first small lap a good 25-30 seconds slower than i have managed it in the past, although this no doubt helped on the two large laps, which i was able to run smoothly within 10 seconds of each other.

Well off my pb, but wasn't expecting much different, being my 3rd tougher session since tuesday evening.

8 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I'm hoping to find a sub 20 parkrun at some point in the near future, my chest crap has held me back dramatically.
    I initially read that as chest strap. My mind was boggling.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Beacon Hill, Broombriggs and Windmill Hill. Took a different route through Beacon Hill country park today: rather than the direct route, I went along a gently ascending track and then turned off up a trod that goes steeply to the summit; but my decision to cut a corner resulted in me getting some practice at moving over rocks concealed under dead bracken.

Felt very lacking in energy all the way from home to top of Beacon Hill (but this may have had something to do with the gale that nearly slowed me to walking on the bridleway up to the Outwoods), and couldn’t start running where the gradient eased off after the steepest section. But I felt much better for the rest of the run. 76 minutes altogether; I would really like to get out for a run of around 2 hours some time soon.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

9 very easy miles today. Interspersed with spectating at my nephew's football match (in fact had the lovely moment of witnessing him score his first ever goal.... he'll be dining out on that for a while)

69.5 miles for the week. Brings another 10 week section to an end, with an average of 70.5 miles per week.

A solid start to the year.

Next week will get the club session in on tuesday. Then i expect it will be easy runs all the way to the weekend, with the final league XC on saturday. Three weekends of racing on the bounce now... XC 10km, XC 12km, Fells 6 miles.

3 x 1 mile reps, 2mins rest.

5:46
    5:48
    5:51 (although had to negotiate my way round a couple of cars on this one)

Good session, sub 5:50 is good for me.

8 miles in total. Solid start to the week with 29 miles already.

Good going. On the track or road? Should give you confidence for Leamington.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    Good going. On the track or road? Should give you confidence for Leamington.
    That was on road in the University Of Warwick complex.

Looking forward to Leamington... partly due to being joint first in our club XC handicap league, although to hold on for the overall win i'm going to have to beat one of the slower guys by 6mins on saturday.... 4mins is achievable, but i think 6mins is too far.

Illness and work reduced numbers to 4 for tonight's RATRun from the refurbished Robin Hood, situate just outside Baslow. A cold clear evening under a day old, hazy and waning Snow Moon saw us cross the A619, down to the river and up along Dobb Edge. Into the Chatsworth Estate and through pinewoods to the Huntingtower. Available to hire at £600 per night and fully booked until 10/2/2023!

Through more woods and then lovely moorland running up to Hob Hurst's House. Two miles of rough track back down to the A619 and a stretch of tarmac back to the pub.
    Just over 7 miles, 661 feet in 1hr 5 min.

A warm fire but too late for chips so Pipers Crisps were washed down with a very poorly travelled Cumberland Ale 4% from Jennings and a much better Old Empire Ale 5.7% from Marstons.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog