Page 1622 of 1694 FirstFirst ... 62211221522157216121620162116221623162416321672 ... LastLast
Results 16,211 to 16,220 of 16933

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I don't get over that side of the valley often enough these days sticking mainly to the gritstone edges.

All being well the Calver fell race will be back next year.
    Well you should get over there more often

Considering that area is so central in the PDNP there are a surprising number of little used paths/trods.

Good news about the Calver race, as last night none of us could remember when it was last run. I hate that steep tarmac final descent though
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 23-09-2022 at 10:31 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Last run in 2019. It was talked about this year as part of the jubilee celebrations but it didn't happen for a variety of reasons.

Not sure if I prefer going up or down that steep tarmac though, it's a bit of a shock either way.
    Last edited by bigfella; 23-09-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Llandudno this weekend, and an easy run out today on/around the Great Orme.

In a "MikeT Wansfell" style i went over the top of the Orme from two sides, and totalled 10.5 miles on what was a lovely afternoon.

Peris tomorrow... although i have dropped to the Half race, not feeling i can do the Full justice after last weekend's exertions.... a week ago i looked at the entry list and thought it had the potential to be a very lonely race at the front for me... however in the past 72hrs the strength of the field has increased greatly and should be a reasonably competitive Half.

6.5 easy miles today, including a run around and over Little Orme.

66 miles for the week. Pleased with my race yesterday, legs felt good.

Next race is in a fortnight at Langdale, but really the focus now is on sharpening up for the Cross Country season and hopefully seeing a slight improvement there in comparison to last year. Probably only 3 more fell races to come this year after Langdale... Callow in November, and then Devil's Chair Dash and Jubilee Plunge both squeezed into xmas week.

This afternoon my last long run in preparation for my inaugural road marathon. A cold, blustery and boring out and back along the High Peak and Tissington trails.

23 miles and 229 feet in 3hr 6 min. Can't wait to get it over with so I can get back to some proper running.

Rehydration was had at the Lathkil Hotel with BG Sips 4% from The Blue Monkey Brewery

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    This afternoon my last long run in preparation for my inaugural road marathon. A cold, blustery and boring out and back along the High Peak and Tissington trails.

23 miles and 229 feet in 3hr 6 min. Can't wait to get it over with so I can get back to some proper running.

Rehydration was had at the Lathkil Hotel with BG Sips 4% from The Blue Monkey Brewery
    Target time? Are you aiming for even splits or allowing for the "inevitable" slow down?

My initial target time on entering was a very unambitious under 4hrs Mike, but after couple of long runs I think I will be disappointed if I don't get in under 3.30.

I still haven't decided my strategy. I am torn between doing the first 10 miles at 8mm pace and then hope to pick it up a bit or to start at 7.45mm pace to allow for, as you say, "the inevitable slow down". Hopefully there will be minute mile pacers which will make things a bit easier.

Never having run in such a large participation event before, my main concern is getting carried away and going off too fast. I used the Maurten gels again yesterday at miles 5,10,15 and 20 and they were fine but on race day I plan to take them at 5,10,15,19,23.

Oh, and thanks for the Bodyglide tip, the nips were fine

Master
    Given the time for your 23 miles run sub 3.30 seems a very realistic target. Setting off at 8 minutes per mile, and either maintaining that or even speeding up after say 20 miles would be the most fun - overtaking others as they start slowing down is such a boost to the spirits - good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Oh, and thanks for the Bodyglide tip, the nips were fine
    This is a comfort but what bemuses me is why a hardy son of Owain Glyndŵr, with a fell runner's nipples like rivet heads, should after a teeny touch of tarmac need to resort to Pond's Cold Cream to protect his more delicate bits?[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 26-09-2022 at 07:20 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    This is a comfort but what bemuses me is why a hardy son of Owain Glyndŵr, with a fell runner's nipples like rivet heads, should after a teeny touch of tarmac need to resort to Pond's Cold Cream to protect his more delicate bits?
    [/QUOTE]

It bemused me too Graham. Tarmacadam works in mysterious ways and does strange things to ones body.

Its only real friend is the tyre.