Page 1623 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 62311231523157316131621162216231624162516331673 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,230 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Having seen Llani's times on training runs, i wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak under 3:25 if he has a good day.

I'm debating an autumn marathon next year, dedicating my training to it from late-summer onwards. Although perhaps more appealing is targeting the Brampton - Carlise 10 miler instead, see if i can get my pb down a bit closer to the hour mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    This afternoon my last long run in preparation for my inaugural road marathon. A cold, blustery and boring out and back along the High Peak and Tissington trails.

23 miles and 229 feet in 3hr 6 min. Can't wait to get it over with so I can get back to some proper running.

Rehydration was had at the Lathkil Hotel with BG Sips 4% from The Blue Monkey Brewery
    Good Luck Llani, Hope you get under 3.5hrs - if you do you will have beaten my PB, though that was got at the Snowdon Marathon - the only road one I've ever done. Did it when I was 27, and then thirty years later at 57. Probably do it when I'm 67.
    Did the Vyrnwy Half Marathon earlier this month, which was scenic, but I was slow.
    Be carefull - roadrunners are a very wierd bunch, they take it all too seriously and drop there gel wrappers on the road,
    Whilst in Mid Wales we visited and got lost in Hafren Furnishing! A full on Llani experience!

Club training last night. As we were told, the winter training now begins in earnest, seeing a move away from the track-biased short reps and looking to build the endurance for the XC season.

Last night's session was a continuous 25 minute effort up and down a shallow hill, perhaps 450mtrs long and never reaching more than about 5-6% gradient.

Knocked the session out in about 6:15/mile pace, nothing too spectacular, but very pleasing that i kept the pace very consistent all the way through, never veering more than a couple of seconds off that pace throughout.

Our club coach also coaches the athletics at two of the local universities, and being a new term we are blessed with a lot of newcomers to complement the regular club runners. Was a good group of around 20 last night.

10.5 miles on top of 5 miles AM, a solid day.

Also had a chat with top female runner Katrina Wootton last night, a long-serving member of the club... my advice to stop messing about with European and Commonwealth games, and focus on Callow in November, seemed to fall on deaf ears.
    Last edited by Travs; 28-09-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Club night last night and another continuous hill session. This time 4 miles around a 1-mile circuit.

Managed around 6:24/mile pace for the 4 miles... a few seconds down on tuesday's pace, but this was a tougher circuit with a much steeper hill, and plenty of twists and turns... in fact it was almost like a cross-country course but on road/paths.

10 miles in total, with 4 easy miles AM. Miles are racking up this week, on 50 already. If i feel good i might do a speed session tomorrow, but probably on treadmill so as to not overdo it, then hopefully a longer road run on sunday.

As planned, did a speedwork session on the treadmill this morning.

The plan was to do a maximum of 10 x 90 second efforts, with 3.5 mins easy between.... in the end i only did 6, feeling a bit tight from having done two good club sessions already this week.

10.5 miles for the day.

Hoping to get out for a long run tomorrow, which should see the weekly total pass 80 miles with ease.

13.5 miles this morning at 6:54/mile pace.

Brings the week to a close with a bumper 85 miles. A very good, structured week of training.

Next week is Langdale in the English Champs. However given my lack of champs points, and the entry list of nearly 600, there's not much to play for, so i'll be "training through" this week, and lining up outside the Dungeon Ghyll treating it as a hard training run.

Preparations for the early stages of next year have began in earnest, with my entry to Y3P at the end of April, and also entered the Llangollen Fell Race a fortnight before... not my favourite race, but a good runnable 18 mile slog that is an ideal warmup for Y3P. Also intend to enter the Edale Skyline with similar thoughts of it being a good build-up race.

But for now the priority is the rapidly looming XC season.

Ah, XC.

Today, after having felt crap for a few days and not making the start line for yesterdays Curbar Commotion, I had a word with myself and turned out at Shipley Park for the inter club BDL XC league. The first XC of the season had its usual low turnout, 150, due to the autumn marathons and other races, which allowed me to get my best overall position of 39th. I was helped by the first 4 runners going the wrong way but when 2 of them flew past me on the run in to the finish funnel I thought shit, I must have another lap to do!

I'm going to take it easy now until my marathon on the 16th but, against all advice, I am still going to have a run around The Briedden Hills next weekend. If it messes up my tarmac adventures then so be it!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I've been considering Langdale, i made such a day out of it last time everyone had gone home by the time i rolled in. I'm keen to try some of the alternate routes, but if its poor weather there'll be no point.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I'll definitely be taking the much-debated alternative route over the top of Esk Pike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'll definitely be taking the much-debated alternative route over the top of Esk Pike.
    Very wise, especially given how much rain we are going to have between now and race day.