Page 1637 of 1693 FirstFirst ... 63711371537158716271635163616371638163916471687 ... LastLast
Results 16,361 to 16,370 of 16925

Thread: Today's Training

We had 8 x 400mtrs with 1 minute rests last night.

After giving myself a slight strain in the hip-flexor and hamstrings at the weekend i took things very easily.

Will probably skip thursday's club session altogether, and perhaps do something a bit quicker on saturday if fully recovered.

16.1 miles, 3 hrs 31 mins, 3652 feet total ascent.

Dropped off at Kirkby Stephen Shell garage, to Hartley via Frank's Bridge, follow the race route up to 9 Standards, then swing south to Rollinson Gill; follow the bridleway past Tailbridge Hill, down over Nateby Common to Nateby village, to bridleway behind the Black Bull, to Wharton Hall, to Bullgill, to bridge over Settle-Carlisle railway, to Tommy road, to Little Fell, Dolphinsty, to Wildboar Trig, to Sand Tarn to The Clouds, to Fell End Road Cattlegrid, to Steet and lift home.

It was -6.5 degrees at Kirkby this morning, and a gloriously frosty, sunshiny day all the way. Not a soul seen after Hartley, (God I love this area)not even in Nateby, Wharton or Bullgill, until I got to Street, that's discounting a small herd of fell ponies and some sheep near Bullgil.

Another Grand Day out of my usual Teesdale haunt.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Last evenings RATRun was from The Knoll Club (RBL) in Youlgreave. Eight of us, well layered up again, set off under a starlit sky down King Street, which becomes a footpath in 20 yds, into Bradford Dale. Over the clapper bridge and up the other side. Frosty fields and footpaths to Hollow and then Millfield Farm before down hill on tarmac to Alport.
    Up Dark Lane and across to and around Shining Bank Quarry via Baltic Wood. Down to Haddon Hall, of which we had great views of its Christmas Lights, but on reaching the A6 we turned 330 degrees and headed up Haddon Fields and on to Conksbury Bridge. More uphill to Meadow Place Farm and then back over to Youlgreave.

A steady 7.5 miles and 1,120 feet in 1hr 11mins. Once in the welcome warmth of the Knoll Club, delicious pre ordered sandwiches were washed down with Bakewell Best Bitter 4.2% from Peak Ales.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    16.1 miles, 3 hrs 31 mins, 3652 feet total ascent.

Dropped off at Kirkby Stephen Shell garage, to Hartley via Frank's Bridge, follow the race route up to 9 Standards, then swing south to Rollinson Gill; follow the bridleway past Tailbridge Hill, down over Nateby Common to Nateby village, to bridleway behind the Black Bull, to Wharton Hall, to Bullgill, to bridge over Settle-Carlisle railway, to Tommy road, to Little Fell, Dolphinsty, to Wildboar Trig, to Sand Tarn to The Clouds, to Fell End Road Cattlegrid, to Steet and lift home.

It was -6.5 degrees at Kirkby this morning, and a gloriously frosty, sunshiny day all the way. Not a soul seen after Hartley, (God I love this area)not even in Nateby, Wharton or Bullgill, until I got to Street, that's discounting a small herd of fell ponies and some sheep near Bullgil.

Another Grand Day out of my usual Teesdale haunt.
    My old lady lives up on Stainmore above Brough, it's lovely. Have you visited Tarn House? https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map?x=38...ay=518991&lm=0
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

18 miles today, brings weekly total to 70 miles.

All easy running as been recovering from hip flexor/hamstring niggles.

Next week will be a mixed bag. Can't go too mad as got races on boxing day and the day after, so need to be fresh. But on the other hand i wrap up work for xmas in midweek so will be guaranteed to be putting some decent miles in.

Yester evening (yestereve)? my wife gave me a lift into Bakewell to meet a pal and his Fox Terrier, Foxy, for a run whilst our children were swimming. Out across the showground, which after the thaw and yesterdays rain was now ankle deep in water, and along the river to Haddon Hall. Up via Bowling Green Farm to the bottom of Lees Moor Wood where we turned left and down the bridleway to Coombs Road.
    Here we picked up the Monsal Trail and followed it to Toll Bar House where we turned left, up over Cracknowl and into Bakewell via Scott's Garden.
    Back at the pool this was the end of our run but as I was caked in mud I was not allowed in my wife's car so had another 3 miles, uphill to home. Out of Bakewell up The Yeld, past the cemetery and across the fields above Burton Closes to Noton Barn. A mile of tarmac to just above Conksbury and then up the fields to the Lathkil Hotel, which fortunately is closed on a Monday!

A total of 11 miles, 1,164feet in 1hr 44min. A pleasant run over a mix of fields, trail and tarmac.

Made my first attempt at a session last night, after a couple of weeks struggling with tight hip flexor and hamstring.

The session was 5 x 1km with 2 minutes rest. I was hoping that if i could do 3 or 4 reps at below 4mins that would be promising.

3:50
    3:44
    3:39
    3:38

Could have probably knocked out a 5th and final rep, however didn't want to push my luck, and feeling very pleased with the session i called it a day. Still didn't feel totally comfortable to push towards my usual km pace (pushing 3:20).

But a good session, in fact a good day overall with 15 miles, and feeling a lot better about the prospect of racing on 26th and 27th.

27th, Jubilee Plunge?

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    27th, Jubilee Plunge?
    Hopefully 26th Devil's Chair Dash and 27th Jubilee Plunge.

Me, Myself, I.

Last nights RATRun was from The Bulls Head in Monyash. A combination of Covid, Christmas shopping, pantomime and being under the thumb meant that I was the only one who turned up!
    I pondered for 5 seconds about whether I should run alone before setting off up to Nursery Fields Farm and over to Wheal Lane. Down into Deep Dale, a short sharp climb out, and across the fields to Sheldon and on to Magpie Mine. Up to the TP at High Low and back down to Horse Lane and along the new Concessionary Path to Ricklow Quarry. Down into Lathkill Dale and up Fern Dale before a trot down Milkings Lane back to Monyash.

No rain but a damp, misty and murky evening. Plenty of eyes picked up in my headtorch, one pair I thought belonging to a fox. The limestone stiles, of which there were many, were very slippery. Over 95% of the route
    was off road and the give in the ground was perfect.

8 miles, 730 feet in 1hr 14min. Back in the Bull, with a couple of friends, uncheesy chips were washed down with Swift Nick, 3.8% from Peak Ales.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 24-12-2022 at 12:51 AM.