Page 1643 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 6431143154315931633164116421643164416451653 ... LastLast
Results 16,421 to 16,430 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

6 miles on the sand dunes in Fuerteventura.

After yesterday's race, a very early morning, cramped flight,and not much food, it was a real struggle.And it was a harrowing reminder of yesterday's last couple of miles, with struggling to pick my feet up properly, stumbling, etc.

But 62.5 miles for the week.

This week I'm hoping to get in plenty of miles in the warm weather (its almost perfect conditions, low 20s, hazy sunshine)

Hoping to fit the scheduled club sessions in as well, which are 3 X 1mile and 5 X 1km.

Over to the Hows today. Bowderdale Foot, to West Hill, continued along the ridge to The Calf, track to Calders, swing east to Great Dummack, follow path down along Cautley Crag to the head of Cautley Spount, into the dale and then, very slow slog up the side to Yarlside, along the ridge northwards and down to the junction of Great Randy Gill beck, then back along the bridleway to Bowderdale foot. 12.92 miles, 2737 feet, 3 hrs 37 mins.

Not a soul about until I reached The Calf, where a few walkers were spotted heading up to the trig and then passed on way to Calders. Rather warm in the dale bottom, and mild wind on the ridges. Just got back to the car when there was a short, very localised deluge, with the reward of a rainbow to follow.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Come on Travs, what's going on, have you been banged up for being a coke mule?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

With folk dropping like flies yesterday, our evening RATRun from The Jug and Glass left only 3 souls standing.

We dropped into Hartington Meadows Nature Reserve, across the Tissington Trail along bridleways and fields to the River Dove. Up to Whim Farm, where we found a notice from Natural England saying that the open access agreement to Wolfscote Hill had expired. We obviously ignored it, climbing the locked gate and then Wolfscote Hill.
    The usual panoramic views from the top before a lovely half mile grassy decent to Brighton. More bridleways and fields to Heathcote then under the Tissington Trail, back through HMNR and up to the Jug and Glass.

Unfortunately there were no chips available so Pipers Crisps were washed down with Wainwright Golden Ale 4.1% from Marstons. Not one of my favourite beers but at least it is always drinkable in the Jug and Glass.

A very mild and dry evening for the 9 miles, 1,300 feet in 1hr 24 mins but by the time we left it was pissing it down!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    With folk dropping like flies yesterday, our evening RATRun from The Jug and Glass left only 3 souls standing.

We dropped into Hartington Meadows Nature Reserve, across the Tissington Trail along bridleways and fields to the River Dove. Up to Whim Farm, where we found a notice from Natural England saying that the open access agreement to Wolfscote Hill had expired. We obviously ignored it, climbing the locked gate and then Wolfscote Hill.
    The usual panoramic views from the top before a lovely half mile grassy decent to Brighton. More bridleways and fields to Heathcote then under the Tissington Trail, back through HMNR and up to the Jug and Glass.

Unfortunately there were no chips available so Pipers Crisps were washed down with Wainwright Golden Ale 4.1% from Marstons. Not one of my favourite beers but at least it is always drinkable in the Jug and Glass.

A very mild and dry evening for the 9 miles, 1,300 feet in 1hr 24 mins but by the time we left it was pissing it down!
    Wainwright, used to be a lot better when it was Thwaites.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A return to Friday night hill run on the Clent hills after work now that it is light enough to do so. 8.5km and 350m ascent at a very pedestrian pace taking in some of the paths that are currently clear of vegetation but come the spring will become impassable (without a machete!)
    I noted the MTB fraternity have been doing some work on their (illegitimate) tracks and have obviously dug out a substantial amount of earth to improve the banking on some corners which has left plenty of tree roots exposed. I wouldn't mind but they have an area set aside for their use already. As soon as the national trust get wind if another area in use, they do their best to shut it down but it is a constant battle and more importantly, I'm losing a lot of running paths either as I fear getting mown down or because the NT have felled small trees across the path or constructed fences.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I think we need to send a search party out for Travs.

I got dropped off in Buxton this morning and ran home.

Up to Staden and Cowdale along The Midshires Way and onto Chelmorton via Deep and Horseshoe Dales. Up past The Church Inn and over Sough Top TP before dropping into Taddington. Up to Wheal Farm, in and out of another Deep Dale, and across fields to Sheldon and then Magpie Mine. Across to Horse Lane and the new concession path to Ricklow Dale. More fields and a final stretch of tarmac home.

15.5 miles, 1,450 feet in 2hrs 9 mins. Very cool to start but a layer removed when the sun came out later. Not the most enjoyable run as I'm still feeling under the weather and I also gave my right kneecap a bang whilst climbing a drystone wall stile which has resulted in a laceration, and now swelling.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I got dropped off in Buxton this morning and ran home.

15.5 miles, 1,450 feet in 2hrs 9 mins. Very cool to start but a layer removed when the sun came out later. Not the most enjoyable run as I'm still feeling under the weather and I also gave my right kneecap a bang whilst climbing a drystone wall stile which has resulted in a laceration, and now swelling.
    They can be so slippery! Hopefully it heals quickly.

To think during the early days of Covid I used to cross them without using my hands. I even did Cofa Pike once that way - madness - the risk of a fall was far greater than the risk of catching Covid from touching a rock.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I think we need to send a search party out for Travs.
    I spent the afternoon in Coventry - no sign of him.
    ������
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast