Page 1655 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 6551155155516051645165316541655165616571665 ... LastLast
Results 16,541 to 16,550 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Today's long run was down to the track stadium in Nuneaton to watch the Midlands Champs.... i was supposed to be competing in the 1500mtrs but due to recent circumstances had pulled out.... quite a relief, as even with a massive pb i'd have still been comfortably last (3.55 taking the win, and sub 4mins not being enough for a medal)

Total for the week 78 miles, and very encouraging to seemingly be running well again, and a decent session on the treadmill yesterday.

Next week.... a cautious return to full sessions, hopefully a decent longer run next weekend, Holyhead mountain 13 days away.

Returned to a full session last night with the club.

A grass session.
    5 x (1 minute hard, 10 secs rest, 10 secs sprint)

Apart from the sprints which were poor as ever (barely any faster than my minute efforts), it was a very pleasing session.... got through it without any issues, and performed to where i would expect in the group.

8 miles, no AM miles due to having to go into the office meant time was pressed early morning.

1 mile, first run post AF ablation, no AFib, breathing good, legs heavy but I’ll get there

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    1 mile, first run post AF ablation, no AFib, breathing good, legs heavy but I’ll get there
    After last month's unexpected news, I ran for the first time in almost four years with my first post-surgery run. 1km (measured) with 36ft of ascent.

I now have to wait 48 hours to see how my body reacts to it, so it may be my last run ever or it may be the start of an unexpected new chapter in my running career.

I wasn't happy with 5 mins 24 secs, but I guess I have to start somewhere. I was particularly dismayed with the fact that I struggled to co-ordinate my legs (at all) for the first 100 metres. I initially thought I'd forgotten the neuro-programming required, but I have subsequently realised that because my leg is in a different (and now correct) position I am actually running (or trying to) differently.

This means I will have to re-learn how to run, all over again, and may not be possible on the low mileage I was planning to do

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Well done Marco. Good to see you running again.
    There would be a lot of people happy to run that time!
    I'm often surprised at the body's ability to learn on even a little new input so hopefully you can graduate to further distance in due course
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    After last month's unexpected news, I ran for the first time in almost four years with my first post-surgery run. 1km (measured) with 36ft of ascent.

I now have to wait 48 hours to see how my body reacts to it, so it may be my last run ever or it may be the start of an unexpected new chapter in my running career.

I wasn't happy with 5 mins 24 secs, but I guess I have to start somewhere. I was particularly dismayed with the fact that I struggled to co-ordinate my legs (at all) for the first 100 metres. I initially thought I'd forgotten the neuro-programming required, but I have subsequently realised that because my leg is in a different (and now correct) position I am actually running (or trying to) differently.

This means I will have to re-learn how to run, all over again, and may not be possible on the low mileage I was planning to do
    Nice work Marco, onwards and upwards, hopefully it works out well

A tough one last night.

Track session of 5 x 600 metres, with 200 metres jog recovery.

I was still a little stiff and fatigued from tuesday's efforts, being my first foray back into serious sessions... and of course it was very warm last night.

1min56
    1min55.... these two are about where i should be

then a complete fall apart...
    2:02
    2:05

terminated the session after the 4th.

Legs just weren't playing ball and i was clearly not in shape to run the session consistently.... not overly worried as i feel its just a case of regaining sharpness, rather than any kind of fitness issue.

Subject to some decent recovery over next 24/48hrs will perhaps try for a longer rep session on the treadmill over the weekend, maybe 5 x 5mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Legs just weren't playing ball and i was clearly not in shape to run the session consistently.... not overly worried as i feel its just a case of regaining sharpness, rather than any kind of fitness issue.
    There was one occasion (in nearly 30 years of running) where my legs just wouldn't work. I was running with a group of runners, on a course we did every week, where I got dropped repeatedly - even though I had the fastest PB times in the group. It just felt like my legs were on the wrong way around.

In a rare display of wisdom, I told them to carry on without me - and I walked home.

I've no idea what happened as two days later I was fine, but I know it can happen

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Well done Marco. Good to see you running again.
    There would be a lot of people happy to run that time!
    I'm often surprised at the body's ability to learn on even a little new input so hopefully you can graduate to further distance in due course
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Nice work Marco, onwards and upwards, hopefully it works out well
    Thanks guys - and best of luck in your return to running Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The brain doesn't know the difference between what it sees and what it thinks about, so if you mentally rehearse a run you want to do it will be the same as running it. If you read, the book 'Evolve your brain' by Joe dispenza will help you with mental rehearsal techniques.