Page 1670 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 6701170157016201660166816691670167116721680 ... LastLast
Results 16,691 to 16,700 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Very consistent Anthony.....

Hill session last night.

5 x "long" (250mtrs)
    12 x "short (150mtrs)

I hit this pretty hard, trying to keep a respectably close distance behind the fast lads at the front. In fact, mid way through i was reeling one of them back in and was almost on his shoulder.... but with 3 or 4 reps to go, the pace told, and i slipped a little further behind. But a good hard session.

10 miles, plus 4 very easy miles AM.

Last Thursdays RATrun was from the Jug and Glass on the A515 near Newhaven. A dry and moonlit evening for just the 3 of us mainly over saturated farmland but a bit drier underfoot on the climb up to the TP at Wolfscote Hill. Down into the Dove valley where there was a lot of damage to the riverside footpath, presumably from Storm Babet. Back over to the Jug and Glass via more saturated fields.

Just over 8 miles and 1,250 feet in 1hr 24 min. Back too late for chips so just a bag of crisps washed down with the very average Wainwright 4.2%.

Yesterday afternoon a lovely 4 miles in the very autumnal Goyt Valley.

Padfield Fell Race in the morning. One of Des Gibbons specials!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

10.5 miles running round spectating at the Coventry Half Marathon. Didn't really get above 8.5 minute miles, except for one mad dash of a couple of miles to get between two viewpoints.

78.5 miles for the week... there'll be no sunday evening run tonight, i'm done... a very solid week with three quality sessions.

Next week is a programmed "easier" week.... with a rolling track session on tuesday and a group tempo run on thursday... my main session will be some kind of hill-based session on saturday.

Currently on exactly 2900 miles for the year so far.

A rolling track session last night.

12 laps, hard on the straights and jogging the bends.

I found it most unpleasant, although i'm still a bit fatigued from a very hard week last week.

10 miles, on top of 4 easy miles AM.

Tomorrow we have a group run of 6 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    A rolling track session last night.

12 laps, hard on the straights and jogging the bends.

I found it most unpleasant, although i'm still a bit fatigued from a very hard week last week.
    It's possible to do a session like this without an athletics track. I used to do one where I ran flat-out down the long sides of a football pitch, and jogged along the short sides. You needed spikes or good studded shoes at this time of year.

It was a really hard session if I remember correctly, and I don't think I ever got up to 10 laps, but it helped me a lot

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The rain always looks worse from the other side of a window. It took me a while to get out of the front door, but I rather enjoyed my paddle along the footbaths to Buck Hill and the Outwoods, even though I felt somewhat lacking in energy. It was one of those days when I returned home with my shoes almost clean, because they had had a wash at nearly every step.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Group run last night of about 6 miles in the wind and rain, a loop from Warwick Uni round the southern outskirts of the city.

As usual on these type of club runs, started easy (first 3km were at about 5:20/km), and sped up progressively (by the end i had averaged 4:30/km for the run).

7.5 miles in total, on top of 4 easy miles AM.

Hill session tomorrow.

Hill session this morning.

An hour uphill on the treadmill, generally at 6% gradient, but with 4 x 5 minute intervals at 15% gradient.

Kept the reps even throughout, but good quality... but after each rep i pushed the pace up on the 6% recovery. That feeling of lactic coming off the end of a rep and then speeding up was particularly tough.

A very good quality session, and 9 miles in total.

Last Thursdays RATRun was from The Cock and Pullet in Sheldon. Five of us braved the underwhelming, in these parts, drizzle and cool breeze of Storm Ciaran but the saturated ground made it hard work. Over fields towards Lathkill Dale and then the narrow footpath trod along the rim of the dale to Ricklow Quarry. Back over more saturated fields via the new concession paths to Once a Week quarry and as we had all got fed up of the strength sapping ground we returned to Sheldon on a mile of refreshing tarmac which had plenty of puddles that ensured we finished with nice clean shoes.

Just over 7 miles and 800 feet in a very steady 1hr 16 minutes. Back in the pub in front of the roaring fire, top notch chips were washed down with excellent Farmers Blonde 4% from Bradfield Brewery.

A sad time at present as one of my dogs has passed away so my plans to travel to Wales this weekend for todays Rhobell Fawr have been scuppered. I might give the localish Cop Hill Fell Race a go tomorrow in memory of Chip.

Why does losing a pet hit so hard?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog