Page 456 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 3564064464544554564574584665065569561456 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Alphin View Post
    Last night -Easy "stumble" over to Churchhill playing fields track, Greenfield. 3 x pyramid at 25/50/75 + 100, followed by 20 mins diagonals on the soccer pitch... Not run on a track since school days, some of the lads had organised the track session, a nice change bit of variety! Realised that I am no longer a gazelle more of a mule
    Surprized you could run on the track with all the wet weather we have had. Was it not water logged?
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Merry, when I've finished my 2nd mug of tea I'll be nipping down to the Strid Woods at Bolton Abbey for a 4 or 5miler! Sleep well :-)
    Just waiting for the wife to wake up so i can make her a mug of tea, then i'll be asleep faster than i can run. Enjoy your run DT
    Hills and Guinness!

Tempo run. Woolley Bridge Road, Hadfield, Redgate, Old Glossop, round the mill, up Snake Pass road to Glossop Golf Club, over Moorfield and back in to Symmondley. Back via New Shaw Road.

Bumped in to Des Gibbons who looked like he had been on Wormstones.

Out t'other night with Fleeter & Marty McFly. ~6mile circular route taking in Aldermans and Pots & Pans. Very foggy out on the tops.

i skipped run today, feel bad about it, so will be doing around 9miles tomorrow a.m, then i'm off to horton tomorrow lunch for a week of camping, ghent, ingleborough and whernie and pub Mmmmmmm, Black sheep ale (drools like homer)

2hrs 39mins up and around The Chew, Featherbed Moss, Laddow, Black Hill and nav back over to Ravenstones...Thousands of flying ants (or something similar) all over the tops today, weird!
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Surprized you could run on the track with all the wet weather we have had. Was it not water logged?
    Surprised I could run on a track full stop, it's the first time I have run on a flat surface for a couple of decades. Back on the hills today though..
    The straight by the river was slightly less underwater than the other side, Fleeter and Shaun were busy doing 400's or as it was known last night the Churchhill Duathlon, 200mtrs run, swim 100mtrs around top bend and 100mtrs run to finish...

Surprised I could run on a track full stop, it's the first time I have run on a flat surface for a couple of decades. Back on the hills today though..
    The straight by the river was slightly less underwater than the other side, Fleeter and Shaun were busy doing 400's or as it was known last night the Churchhill Duathlon, 200mtrs run, swim 100mtrs around top bend and 100mtrs run to finish...
    yeah yesterday was pyramids of 25/50/75/100m then 10 x 400m,legs are not happy today

2hrs 39mins up and around The Chew, Featherbed Moss, Laddow, Black Hill and nav back over to Ravenstones...Thousands of flying ants (or something similar) all over the tops today, weird!
    What kind of pace you going at on these runs Alphin? You seem to have a good run there, one which I do many a time. Like to run over the tops to Black Hill and down to Crowden Campsite. I make my way back to Carrbrook village via Lads Leap route.

Steady rest day- 6 miles all on road.
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 29-08-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to add todays training!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    What kind of pace you going at on these runs Alphin? You seem to have a good run there, one which I do many a time. Like to run over the tops to Black Hill and down to Crowden Campsite. I make my way back to Carrbrook village via Lads Leap route.

Steady rest day- 6 miles all on road.
    Good pace today, Home (Greenfield) upto Alphin, Top Res to end of res and over to Featherbed Moss Trig, cut across to Laddow path and AT work upton Black Hill Trig, Nav onto "old Pennine route" until clough leads down onto stream jnc between Ravenstones and Standing Stones....Round Res's back to Greenfield...Very mucky under foot getting onto flags to Black Hill and on Old Pennine Way route, glad to get to paths around res's..