Page 526 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 2642647651652452552652752853657662610261526 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Back end of Tour, over Pendle, 8.50 mile 2500, climb. 1hr 45mins. Started at Nick of Pendle very cold. Icy wind and frozen ground on top. Good to see only one gel wrapper on the way round. Legs still a bit stiff from Tour race, but went okay. Met up with Tour organiser, for a trot round.
    After climbing a great hill one only finds that there are many more hills to climb ......

11 miles - legs were trashed after racing yesterday. Got back and fed it into Sporttracks to find out I've done 39.91 miles this week. If it hadn't just started raining I'd have gone round the block a couple of times to make it up to 40!

It's the most I've done in a week since September - 2 more weeks to the big target...

Greenfield - Alphin - Wimberry - descent to Plantation and back to Greenfield. Recovery run, 1:11:40hrs...

Met a couple of self proclaimed "roadies" from East Cheshire Harriers, who were trying out the fells, left them at Alphin and bumped into another runner heading up to Wimberry as I was hurtling down....Nice to see folk out and about..

Peat nicely frozen from Alphin to Wimberry, made a change from sinking knee deep every third step and lots of ice covering the rocks at Wimberry...

Brilliant
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    11 miles - legs were trashed after racing yesterday. Got back and fed it into Sporttracks to find out I've done 39.91 miles this week. If it hadn't just started raining I'd have gone round the block a couple of times to make it up to 40!

It's the most I've done in a week since September - 2 more weeks to the big target...
    How small is your block if you need to do a couple of laps to get to 40 miles? You are only 0.09 mile from hitting the 40 mile mark.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Had slight niggle for past couple of days so felt it was best to run from home today with no set distance planned - ended up doing 8 miles (68 mins) over the usual variety of terrain with no ill-effects

Yesterday decided to recce snake inn to edale section of tankys,good start slipped on the rocks crossing the river prior to the sheep folds,and got a good soaking ,spare gloves came in handy.Got accross the plateau without finding the bog monster but on the way back my rx terrains decided to throw a track and managed to get back to the car cold and minus a shoe sole. enjoyed the run and finished off with a bacon barm at the stall just after the snake pub

Dovestones and back. Very very wet in places.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

12 miles today all in daylight, unlike yesterday's 13 when it started going dark on Blackstone Edge. Had to run all the way home in the dark, headtorch was safely at home

2 hours on Bleaklow yesterday morning, fantastic views west, caught site of Jodrell Bank and North Wales ?? beyond, and a brilliant site of Manchester standing out in the sun. Laces frozen solid by the time we were back at car.
    Reccied leg 4 of Calderdale Way relay this morning, very satisfying finish passing 3 out of 4 mountain bikers going up the last track towards Wainstalls.

3 miles only im afraid.

Lots and lots of stretching-still very touch and go.
    Still too heavy to run