Page 546 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 4644649653654454554654754855659664610461546 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Just 4.82 miles today.

Including two mile races, first pacing in 7-14 and second racing / pacing 5-55.
    Hoping for a far more successful 2009

6 miles on Bowland fells early afternoon. Fell foot to saddle end farm over fields then up saddle fell to true summit Fairsnape over to paddys pole and back via parlick. Still plenty of snow left on top of saddle fell and eastern half of fairsnape. Hard going in places when breaking thro the hard crusty snow. Some interesting snow ridges formed between some of the bigger peat hags, luckly these were hard enough to walk over and not sink in. Beautiful afternoon crystal blue sky directly above, both sun and moon visible at same time. Ingleborough looked alpine in the distance. Short sortie to save myself for club handicap run over great hill, however just found out it is cancelled due to loads of sheet ice in woods. So i will be back to bowland tommorrow, might bump into No6 again

Back on Bowland this morning, slow 7 miles. Again hard work in places, found some really firm snow think this is great then sink up to my knees-still good work out thou. Found some gullies NE side of fairsnape- wishing I had my skis just about enough to ski on. Just had a bit of a circular tour of fairsnape, including paddys pole-webster meadow and saddle fell-out and back via parlick.

6.5 miles from home, still icy in parts especially on the two short sections of towpath. First run ever with MP3 on.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    6.5 miles from home, still icy in parts especially on the two short sections of towpath. First run ever with MP3 on.
    What was on the mp3 player??

6.22 miles on the roads yesterday folowed by 5.3 mile on the roads this afternoon in very chilly conditions.

Yesterday: Ran part tarmac and part icy footpaths. Spectacularly unsucessful; left thigh and achilles sore and sprained right foot. Did a bit of hard work on some hills after incurring the injuries. Then slid on my back down a muddy icy wet slope covering myself in freezing slushy mud. Trashed a map in the process. Maybe 8 miles and under 1000". Quite a nice day though!

Today; about 4 miles, running to the indian to recover my abandoned car, Also testing out my various ailments. Thigh just about right, ankle still sore, achilles not as bad. Spent a lot of rest of day balancing on my homemade wobble board. Did take my lad swimming and did maybe 20 lengths and loads of treading water which I decided would be good for my sore foot. Should be good for leg 4 of Calderdale on Sunday

0.55 mile warm up for Luton marathon, which was ultimately cancelled then 5.59 miles once back in Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by mxhornet View Post
    0.55 mile warm up for Luton marathon, which was ultimately cancelled then 5.59 miles once back in Norwich.
    That buggered up the course a bit ?

Did indeed, probably didn't do a lot for the car either