Page 561 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 6146151155155956056156256357161166110611561 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Tryin' to keep fit (not fat) over festive period. 40mins solo speed session with some hill reps.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Managed to get an hour in today. Up Weets, dropped off for a steep descent and climb, just steady away, 1200" of climb not many miles really. Still got a sore foot, going to have to get a physio to look at it. Later got a few hours walking in the summer sunshine with the family.

Nothing for the last few days, and much reduced over the last week due to festive season......so today's club (social) handicap blast over 4.5 miles of trail running should be just the ticket

back in to it from tomorrow
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

Out for a gentle run today after yesterdays session-from my house up through ashworth valley to belmont road. Then up the ramp to winter hill summit and join the short belmont race route to georges lane. Round to the Pike and then a bit of a slog across the moor to the trig point again,before dropping back down to my house via asworth valley again.

Longest run in weeks (13 miles ish?) and today im bloody knackered-no IT band probs though,so im a happy man!
    Still too heavy to run

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Baz View Post
    Out for a gentle run today after yesterdays session-from my house up through ashworth valley to belmont road. Then up the ramp to winter hill summit and join the short belmont race route to georges lane. Round to the Pike and then a bit of a slog across the moor to the trig point again,before dropping back down to my house via asworth valley again.

Longest run in weeks (13 miles ish?) and today im bloody knackered-no IT band probs though,so im a happy man!

Great news Baz - see you on the hill sometime soon then.... plod out with my neigbour at half 1 today...tried to convince her to do the off road route I do round here but asked her as was bashing the mud off the trainers from yesterday she vehemently declined.....some people...no idea what they are missin....tarmac it is then

40 min plod yesterday..
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

5m run/walk with Mini-Merry up and around Norland Moor with headtorches, beat me in a sprint finish, pint of Ribena for him, glass of wine for me, everyone's a winner

Got him some new Walshes today so his old one's have been handed down to his sister, who's spent half an hour cleaning them in the sink. She's gonna show us how to look after shoes later Girls eh
    Hills and Guinness!

A short 3 mile road run this morning by eck it was chilly.

Club session at Colney Lane

8 minutes tempo (2 minutes recovery) - 2.06km

6 x c.1km hilly loop 26-30

Above run continuously for duration Kenyan hills style. Loop consisted of 470m gradually up, 150m jog down, 180m hard up much steeper hill, 180m jog back down, then start second loop etc.

Ran to and from session - 13.5 miles total
    Hoping for a far more successful 2009

VERY steady 5.5.miles spent the duration prattling on at 100 miles an hour while my friend tried to draw breath!