Page 630 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 13053058062062862963063163264068073011301630 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

6.8 mile today on road and trail paths around Pex Hill and Cronton

Luck you Dave, Havent done any runner for the last 3weeks, off sick " virual illness" feeling cold, hot no energy, a sleepy ebery time. And its yesterday and today i FEEL BETTER.

Cant wait to go back on the road for the first couple of weeks and the bike and then on the fell, mountains of snowdonia, training for the Snowdon race. Im determined not to over train on snowdon this year, use the other mountains for training the hill reps on grass. Any tips, plan etc how to get back into it? Did 10K in Jan 09, 48mins........then went down with the illness.
    Cheers
    steve
    www.creadcyf.co.uk - www.snowdonrace.com

Quote Originally Posted by CREAD View Post
    Luck you Dave, Havent done any runner for the last 3weeks, off sick " virual illness" feeling cold, hot no energy, a sleepy ebery time. And its yesterday and today i FEEL BETTER.

Cant wait to go back on the road for the first couple of weeks and the bike and then on the fell, mountains of snowdonia, training for the Snowdon race. Im determined not to over train on snowdon this year, use the other mountains for training the hill reps on grass. Any tips, plan etc how to get back into it? Did 10K in Jan 09, 48mins........then went down with the illness.
    Cheers
    steve
    www.creadcyf.co.uk - www.snowdonrace.com
    Know the feeling well Steve of not being able to run. I went over on my ankle on an early morning run on New Years day that put me out for three weeks more or less. Thankfully been running pretty well for the last 4 weeks including the Nick Beer 10k the other week.

Best bet is get over the illness and then build up slowly by gradually increasing your distance and then think about the different types of terrain to build on. Mix some road races with fell and trail races. Have you any races in mind once the illnes is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    Best bet is get over the illness and then build up slowly by gradually increasing your distance and then think about the different types of terrain to build on. Mix some road races with fell and trail races. Have you any races in mind once the illnes is over?
    Thinking of doing the 5m pipe line race in Dolgarrog 7 march (fell) and Moel Wnion, Bethesda on the 14 mARCH (fell) and some of the others, especially the tuesdaynight series we have here in Eryri. Thinking of starting back this week, on the bike and as you said gradually increase mileage, 3miles, 5miles etc......I can do the distance, endurnace, its just up hill Im awful, Im ok coming down, as well as this its all in the mind, theres somebody in my head saying stop and someon else saying carry on.......I'll have to beat this

I would love to beat my snowdon time tis year whihc I did in 2004 - 1hr 49

Thanks

4.25mile at 8am on the roads this morning with a Pex Hill run planned for later today.

7 Undulating road miles at 6:50 average, 6:03 fastest miles, 7:08 slowest mile with an average HR 25 less than race pace.
    Last edited by Ady In Accy; 22-02-2009 at 01:39 PM.

27:21 mins warm up...HR @ 70% followed by 18 mins @ 85% MHR.....4:01mins ease down....Plantation area The Chew....Great run
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

20min, 2 mile toe in the water road jog - see if this makes night cough worse/better.

3.76 mile up and round Pex Hill tonight.

Nice long slow Sunday run round the Wadsworth Full Trog course.