Page 881 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 3817818318718798808818828838919319811381 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,810 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Ledbury to top of British Camp (Herefordshire Beacon) via Kilbury Camp, Eastnor ridgeway and Land Rover test tracks. Then back to Ledbury through Deer Park estate and conigree wood. 10.8 miles 526 metres up (grough route)

Felt fine and ran hills at nice even pace DID NOT WALK. Preparing for Welsh 1000 metres so will need to add distance and more vertical in coming weeks. The lovely Miss C accompanied, the weather was gorgeous one of the best so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Ledbury to top of British Camp (Herefordshire Beacon) via Kilbury Camp, Eastnor ridgeway and Land Rover test tracks. Then back to Ledbury through Deer Park estate and conigree wood. 10.8 miles 526 metres up (grough route)

That sounds like a cracking run - where about in Ledbury would I start that run if I came off the train?

Little Whernside via Deadman's Hill from Scar House Reservoir car park, 6m 1216'.

The lane up Nidderdale was bordered by thousands of green sprouting daffodils, another week or so and it'll be a riot of yellow. The ridge from Dead Man's Hill; so named due to the murders of three passing travellers by an innkeeper and her son whose bodies were found on the hill; all the way to Little Whernside was 2m of sodden bog, i'd have been going faster if i was going uphill. However the spring air was free of that wintry chill and it was quite nice high up, visibility was good and the descending was fast.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Simon's Seat - the steep back route from Barden Bridge via Dales Way & Howgill Lane, climbing to the summit from the north then back via Lords Seat & main Barden Fell track to edge of woods (above V of D) before staying on fell side of wall and finally dropping down to river at Barden Aqueduct - total about 8.7 miles 1200 foot of which the majority was the climb up to SS - 900ft in less than a mile. Low cloud slowly lifted as I left the summit & ended in glorious sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by circle View Post
    That sounds like a cracking run - where about in Ledbury would I start that run if I came off the train?
    You could start from the station. You would be about 1 min away from the start of the footpaths that connect Ledbury to the Malverns. There's a cracking hill as soon as you get off the train, called Bradlow knoll, which is about 200 and a bit metres from that point so a good warm up...

If you search for Ledbury on Grough routes I've done a couple of good local routes including what I ran today (they start from my house though).

If you need a guide I'm happy to meet up for a run, we usually head out on Sunday between 7.00 - 9.00. PM if your fancy it.

cheers Twister -I'll let you know if it's possible to get over for a run some time. I'm only in Worcester so it's only a case of checking the rubbish train service times.

I've walked from Ledbury towards the Malverns several times but have never used the same path twice, as it's quite a maze up there so running with someone in the know would be good.

Si

A nice gentle steady run to test an aching achillies.

Distance - 6 miles.
    Time - 45 minutes.
    Elevation gain - approx 800 ft.

Achillies felt ok so a few more steady runs before getting back into more distance and hill reps etc
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

5 miles 1000' at lunchtime in the rain. Should have waited till later as its brightened up now quite a bit
    No country for old men.

Not today but yesterday...

Uplifting experience - ran up Long Mynd via Townbrook Valley to Pole Bank and then down the Callow path to Little Stretton. The sun was setting, Ragleth Hill was lit up, and every step down towards Callow was a joy on soft springy grass. How it should be....

This time next year hopefully I'll have swapped that for three and a half hours flogging round the Edale Skyline!!!

Jim

Wasn't expecting too much tonight on the first of the Dark Peak Summer series races. legs still a bit tired from yesterdays Skyline but felt that they would feel better for a good stretch.

A quick blast up Pike Low from the strines road. Grass, heather, Rocks, Spagnum bog(VERY DEEP) sometimes all four, and burnt heather

Started at twighlight in a hail squall but finished with a clear starfilled night

3 miles 800ft 33.30

position 1st!!!!!!

a second for Grimmer but with a badly twisted ankle.