Page 902 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 40280285289290090190290390491295210021402 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Yes it will be my first Lakes race.
    Oh I do hope it's a nice day, and I hope I have got the use of my thighs back by then too!
    Hope to see you there
    I'll be there for sure, need to jumpstart or re-start my running.
    Div'nt worry bout yer thighs, you'll be carried away with the atmosphere
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    I'll be there for sure, need to jumpstart or re-start my running.
    Div'nt worry bout yer thighs, you'll be carried away with the atmosphere
    Yey, that's the spirit!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

If those 3 triangular churches have gone it is a shame - they were quite nice on the inside. I am going to have a quick look on google for an overhead of the site. Im sure I will find it quite sad - Yep - R Sigs (still am) Next time Im around the area I will have to drive by.

Todays run was:

Distance - 13.2 miles
    Time - 1.36.48
    Elevation gain - approx 1300 ft
    Terrain - 1/2 forest / farm track and 1/2 road
    Weather - Warm and very close
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

6.6 with the club social run. Was going to run harder on own but very tired, too much resting for peaks.

Also missed first time trial of year tonight, forgot it was on (though need new tubs on tt bike) and saw my main peaks running and cross rival heading out to it - bugger.

Felt too lazy to do the club race tonight, so ordered a pizza hut... which led to feeling stuffed and in need of a run, so went out for 10k up Stanage Edge, along the top watching the sunset then down to redmires reservoir. Turned out to be an excellent run, except for putting my foot in a hidden hole full of stenchy water. Took 1hr5min.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Felt too lazy to do the club race tonight, so ordered a pizza hut... which led to feeling stuffed and in need of a run, so went out for 10k up Stanage Edge, along the top watching the sunset then down to redmires reservoir. Turned out to be an excellent run, except for putting my foot in a hidden hole full of stenchy water. Took 1hr5min.
    You missed a good run, Big turn out 30+? plus many non racers. Stunning evening. Only down side was grumpy bar staff when said 40+ turned up in the pub within a few minutes of each other

I didn't race but will be there tonight at langsett for Hartcliffe Hill.

The 'mountain top' of Hermannskogel (542mtr) boasts a 27mtr observation tower built in 1888 by the Austrian Tourist Club. It also has the distinction of being the highest hill within the Vienna city boundaries. It was my training target today.

There are several ways up and down the 'kogel'. I chose a circular route with a mixture of forest trails, meadows and public footpaths; a route which took in some of the lower 'peaks' such as Dreimarkstein, where there is a coin-in-the-slot telescope for those who wish to view the city's landmarks from the 'Häuserl am Roan' pub car park.

Approx. 1hr 40mins for 14 kms with 600mtr +/-
    (deceptively sunny! cool breeze on my back after the turn; after 12kms had to go much slower and stretch out the backs of thighs to avoid injury)

Sounds a pleasant route Woodlander.

Hi Addy in Accy, (#9022)
    the Vienna Woods is big, perhaps 50km x 40km, and as you can imagine it's a great place to train. There are said to be 9,000kms of waymarked woodland paths (which inlcudes 5,000km of trails which are used by mountain bikers as well as runners). The great thing about running these woodland trails is that a wayside tavern, vital for thirst quenching ales or wine spritzers, or carbo-loading schnitzels and chips, or even a bowl of hot soup or maybe just a cup of coffee and a slice of apple strudel is never far away.

A gentle 4 up Blackhill from Wessenden Head via Black Dyke Head & back down again. Big fires on the northern horizon. Rishworth perhaps? The third fire in three weeks, looks like an arsonist is at work.