Page 945 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 44584589593594394494594694795599510451445 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,450 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

9 miles, 2050' mostly on the Breidden Hills route, except when I got lost (that's when it got really gloopy underfoot - must hose down the trail shoes).

Tonight's project is to run the 7.5 miles home from work - me car's broke!

Jim

Master

[QUOTE=IanDarkpeak;362608]it didn't look promising last night rain and clag all day but got to the car park, rain stopped cloudlifted to give a great run from Yorkshire Bridge

Over Win up Loose Hill(running all the way up ) across to Fulward farm across to Win hill just skirting the top at the woodline.

9 miles 2600ft

Thats a great route Ian, i often do that one and never really get tired of it. sometimes i add a bit by going up to the plateau via the YHA or approach Win Hill from Shatton basiaclly following the bamford race route which adds a little bit.

[QUOTE=Corniceman;362704]
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    it didn't look promising last night rain and clag all day but got to the car park, rain stopped cloudlifted to give a great run from Yorkshire Bridge

Over Win up Loose Hill(running all the way up ) across to Fulward farm across to Win hill just skirting the top at the woodline.

9 miles 2600ft

Thats a great route Ian, i often do that one and never really get tired of it. sometimes i add a bit by going up to the plateau via the YHA or approach Win Hill from Shatton basiaclly following the bamford race route which adds a little bit.
    Yes I often run along the ridge before dropping down up to YHA and on to Druid stone, Down Jaggers and back up to Edale Cross before heading to Win Hill
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 30-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Super Moderator

Two laps of village on road. Trying to do it once per week to get legs moving a bit faster NB err, no warm up!

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    4 slightly muddy miles along Watery Lane, through Cleatop woods and back over the tops with my furry britches at tea time yesterday followed by another 2 or 3 (very boring) miles running round (and round and round) the running path at the Richard Dunn sports centre in Bradford while daughter numero duo was rugby training.
    Thankyou for not posting a picture of your britches this year!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Thankyou for not posting a picture of your britches this year!
    I wasn't referring to actual furry britches (britches as in your psychedelic 1960's spaced out hippy running shorts) but the hound ---> aka furry britches.

Wimped out of a higher level run (original plan was Bardon Moor/Cracoe area) and did a wet 65 mins around Swinsty & Fewston Reservoirs - great fun once I got started

Master

Saturday 1st. Lady Bowerto Backtor and then heaher bashed on to Margery Hill and Outer Edge. Headed over to Alport trig before heading back down past Alport castles and Crookhill back to lady Bower. Nice day out and covered a bit of the G and B route meeting the MRT guys out on Outer Edge.

Did the Carding Mill Canter route today, about 4 miles, steady pace. Streams were pretty full in the valley, forgot i had to cross it a couple of times. First time i've done it since i sprained my ankle in Feb and i've lost loads of confidence descending, especially the last descent which is the one i hurt it on!

Reps to Hobson Moor trig point under crisp autumn skies. Beautiful night for a run and I was rewarded with a fantastic sunset over Manchester.