Page 949 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 44984989993994794894995095195999910491449 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,490 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Managed a decent weekend - hilly 28km on the road bike on Saturday, just over an hour, followed by a excellent inpromptu run on strines yesterday - Strines road to derwent edge, cakes of bread, back tor and back via brogging moss and foulstone moor. Brilliant weather, just like the summer but 10 degrees cooler and without all the bugs/walkers. 6 miles, 1200', 1hour10min including view stops...

Spent this evening's dog walk trying to pick a suitably consistent/evil hill to start Tabata intervals on tomorrow

Hill reps on Hobson Moor. Two minute reps short and steep three sets of three. Another beautiful autumn evening, loads of people out on the hill including a family who asked if I was training for the SAS and a small boy who asked me why I was going up and down again and again. I never see anyone up there so this was quite a surprise. You can't blame them though lovely views of Manchester and the surrounding hills tonight.

A lovely run this morning with my mate Russ, 11 miles 2000ft From Langsett up the little Don to the Skarrett stone over Howden Edge to Horse Stone down to the upper Derwent and then up to Lord Ed Howard Springs Up to the Icelandic airways wreck, on to Outer edge, next to the Tea plant and home via a new route down over Bradshaw Hill. Very cold at the start but finished in Sunshine.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Nice session there SS!

Hoping to be around for 24th of this month, maybe a full tour? Not confirmed though yet!
    Sorry Hursty, missed this originally. Nice idea but no can do: I'm flying off to Mexico on 25th. 24th will be spent getting ready. No way will I be able/allowed to head off out for 4hrs (including post-run brew!!)

Looking forward to first headtorcher of the season o'er Pendle with the Clayton Badgers tonight. First run with the club since May I think! Luckily work is beginning to settle down a bit now.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Sorry Hursty, missed this originally. Nice idea but no can do: I'm flying off to Mexico on 25th. 24th will be spent getting ready. No way will I be able/allowed to head off out for 4hrs (including post-run brew!!)

Looking forward to first headtorcher of the season o'er Pendle with the Clayton Badgers tonight. First run with the club since May I think! Luckily work is beginning to settle down a bit now.
    Hehe no worries mate! Hope you have a good one in Mexico!!

Training today consisted of Battle PT, basically getting beasted with boots on! Swimming later

Quote Originally Posted by Fell Donkey View Post
    Hill reps on Hobson Moor. Two minute reps short and steep three sets of three. Another beautiful autumn evening, loads of people out on the hill including a family who asked if I was training for the SAS and a small boy who asked me why I was going up and down again and again. I never see anyone up there so this was quite a surprise. You can't blame them though lovely views of Manchester and the surrounding hills tonight.
    You are training for the SAS, most races are on Saturday And Sunday
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    You are training for the SAS, most races are on Saturday And Sunday
    Brilliant!

Super Moderator

Two laps of village PB Chipped around three mins off my time in four weeks
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

6.2mi headtorcher over Pendle in 1h13. Beautifully clear night. Climbed just as dusk was settling, the sky reddening, and the crescent moon rising. Then a good fast blast over the moors on top and back in pitch black. Love it!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

7 miles in 57:22 over the coastal cliffs around St Bees, the weather was nice and fresh
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.