Page 952 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 452852902942950951952953954962100210521452 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 16911

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Beautiful up on Kinder on Saturday morning. Hadn't run up the William Clough way before though. That's one tough climb.

Master

saturday 16th. Old Glossop to harry Hut to sandey heys back to Mill Hill to Higher Shelf Stones to Cock Hill and into Glossop.
    Lovely weather excet half an hour up on Bleaklow when the heavans opened. On my way back from sany heys to Mill Hill I saw two guys each on their own coming in the opposite direction from Wiiliam Clough direction, i wonder if one of them was WR? i was in blue Nike top and black leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    saturday 16th. Old Glossop to harry Hut to sandey heys back to Mill Hill to Higher Shelf Stones to Cock Hill and into Glossop.
    Lovely weather excet half an hour up on Bleaklow when the heavans opened. On my way back from sany heys to Mill Hill I saw two guys each on their own coming in the opposite direction from Wiiliam Clough direction, i wonder if one of them was WR? i was in blue Nike top and black leggings.
    Did one of them look in agony ? If so could have been me !

Actually no don't think it could have been me. I turned right at the top of William Clough and over Kinder to Edale Cross.

You were unlucky with the weather. I had a brief bit of mist on the top but that soon cleared and it was perfect weather the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Race View Post
    Did one of them look in agony ? If so could have been me !

Actually no don't think it could have been me. I turned right at the top of William Clough and over Kinder to Edale Cross.

You were unlucky with the weather. I had a brief bit of mist on the top but that soon cleared and it was perfect weather the rest of the way.
    If you headed down from Edale Cross on the main bridleway back to Coldwell Clough/Hayfield then I may have seen you as I was climbing up towards Edale Cross at about 12.30 - were you wearing purple-ish t-shirt and shorts at that stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    If you headed down from Edale Cross on the main bridleway back to Coldwell Clough/Hayfield then I may have seen you as I was climbing up towards Edale Cross at about 12.30 - were you wearing purple-ish t-shirt and shorts at that stage?
    No not me MT. I was on the main bridleway but much earlier. I made an early start up Lantern Pike and then Kinder, was finished running by 11:30.

Glorious day in the Dales today. Ran from the stepping stones at Bolton Abbey, leaving the children practising their stepping stone prowess, up the Valley of Desolation (Desperation?) and up to Simon's Seat. A long old trog rewarded by a magnificent view and then back again.
    Mid week parking free from 1 Nov till March courtesy of the Duke of Devonshire, btw.

Back in the saddle at last after three weeks of military re-unions (not sure what it is about October, it's not as if I was Royal Navy).
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 20-10-2010 at 08:20 PM.

7.5 miles 1200' Naden Reservoirs circuit just got back in time without using headtorch.
    No country for old men.

4 miles, plenty of hills in 30 minutes on the road tonight - spent the morning and afternoon at A&E so needed to blow off steam before tea.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    4 miles, plenty of hills in 30 minutes on the road tonight - spent the morning and afternoon at A&E so needed to blow off steam before tea.
    for you or one of your charges...?

A half edale skyliner (the muddy end) this afternoon following a dead handy client meeting the other side of Hathersage. Completely fantastic. 13 miles in about 2:29.