Page 965 of 1693 FirstFirst ... 465865915955963964965966967975101510651465 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,650 of 16927

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Get a backpack asap. It's great training. Those front loaders are good but they don't seem to be in them two minutes. You can get some great treks in with them in the back packs. Congratulations!
    Cheers Grouse and Hightops.

I've been given one of the front loader ones by a mate, and used it for a quick mile or 2 walk with the baby and dog this morning (going for adorable new dad look!) Ive been prommised one of the backpack ones after christmas so he'll be on the way up Kinder before he knows it!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Cheers Grouse and Hightops.

I've been given one of the front loader ones by a mate, and used it for a quick mile or 2 walk with the baby and dog this morning (going for adorable new dad look!) Ive been prommised one of the backpack ones after christmas so he'll be on the way up Kinder before he knows it!
    Make sure Ruben can support his own neck before using rear back packs Paul and start with short walks. Keep him well warm, they are more exposed in a rear pack and are further from your body heat. that said they are brilliant and kids love 'em. Good slavver factor on the back as well when asleep

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Make sure Ruben can support his own neck before using rear back packs Paul and start with short walks. Keep him well warm, they are more exposed in a rear pack and are further from your body heat. that said they are brilliant and kids love 'em. Good slavver factor on the back as well when asleep
    Cheers Ian - I think I'll use the front one for as long as possible, purely because of the slavvering! Despite him being over 10 pounds, it was pretty comfy and very secure feeling. Hopefully go on a longer walk tomorrow to give Jen a chance for a nap!

18 miles and about 3000' from home (Alf the no wheels man!) but took in sections of Leg 5 + Leg 4 of the Pennine Bridleway, Hades Hill route and the NW section of Turnslack before returning via Rough Hill.
    No country for old men.

XC at Marl Pits; think it's about 6 miles but not sure. Seriously muddy and eyeballs out from the start!

I'm only doing XC (first time this year) 'cos someone said it was good speed training for fellrunners; that's why i count it as training not racing.

Plus, it's free!

30 min massage, 30min run drills, 25k bike ride (Bosworth Tri route), 30min strength and conditioning, 10min heat, 20min massage.
    Loving the look of your day AndyA!! Sounds a lot more fun than mine :-)
    I'm lovin the party that is off-road running :w00t: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124336794288432

missed my lift to Wessenden this morning so drove to Crowden and raced up to Blackhill and met some friends wandering about looking for the Tanky trod in thick fog and occasion snow flurries. Returned down the same way very wet underfoot and claggy on top. Straight across and up over Bleaklow again in thick clag and Snow flurries. At Upper grain Clough I bade my friends goodbye and turned round and ran back to the car. Not as many runners out as I'd though, perhaps they were all out yesterday.

30Km 950m
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 21-11-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Master

Honister-Dalehead-Hindscarth-Robinson and dropped down to Buttermere. Up Red Pike and along skyline to Haystacks and back via drum House to Honister, Good day out just resent now having to pay £5 at Honister to park.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

4.2mi in 28 and a bit minutes round the office in York. Finished off with 4 sets of 10 burpees with tuck jump in between stretches.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

10k bike ride, injury healing treatment, yoga :-)
    I'm lovin the party that is off-road running :w00t: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124336794288432