Page 972 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 472872922962970971972973974982102210721472 ... LastLast
Results 9,711 to 9,720 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

A mere 3.5 miles around our local lanes and fields with around four inches of snow. It's very slippery where it's been trafficked on the lanes so I think it'll be the Mudclaws tomorrow unless I can get out on the hills.
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

http://midlands-fell.blogspot.com/

An easy 60 mins in snow/compacted-snow/ice. Sun shining, blue sky. Lovely. Dug out my 20yr old Nike orienteering shoes with dob-spikes so masses of grip. Wonder if this snow will still be hear on 25th?

Nothing today but I'll be heading up Buxton way tomorrow. Hopefully get a good 3 hours, plenty of uphill and plenty of falling over no doubt.

12.5 miles and 2100' though it included walking because of the depth of snow in places and slow going when I did get running.

I included some "core training" when I helped a family push their car which was stuck on a steep section of road. They were very impressed by my mudclaws and the grip they had in the snow
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by nikole957 View Post
    Ran along the canal tow path. It was made more interesting today by the puddles - had to keep going round them, and looking at the number of coloured wheelie bins which had ended up in the canal over the festive period.

Puddles are there to run through not go round!

6.2 miles c750ft from home taking in parkland, woodland, a mile of towpath (not sure whether there were any puddles as compacted snow all route) and pavement/road. Less cold than yesterday:thumbup:

Couple of hours up top in Chew Valley, deep snow, heavy going, need beer now!
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

7.0 miles and a couple of hundred feet around the lanes and footpaths near home, and up Lilleshall Hill. It was raining on and off and there's quite a thaw going on - a lot more slush and a lot less snow/ice on our lane when I got back.

Annoyingly I felt really crap with the cold I've had yesterday and rang and volunteered to marshall at Cardington tomorrow (I'll be at Comley Farm after the Lawley descent), and then had an inexplicably good run this afternoon and felt pretty strong. Oh well. Time to put a bit back tomorrow...

Jim

PS: last mile and a half "barefoot" (well socks and neoprene beach shoes actually - it's a lot warmer!)
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

http://midlands-fell.blogspot.com/

7 miles this morning from Windy Hill down to Piethorn res out to Readycon Dean & back over White Hill, along the Pennine Way.
    Struggled to find the Pennine Way in the snow & mist, very heavy going on the tops.

A snowy 8.5 in 1:35 from Marsden up the Wessenden Valley, down the PW towards Black Hill. Deep powdery snow made for hard going. Nice to see fellow forumites out for a frosty frollick.

Super Moderator

40minutes in hotel gym (15minutes stepper, 25minutes treadmill). Almost enjoyed it
    Poacher turned game-keeper