Page 993 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 4938939439839919929939949951003104310931493 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,930 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

did we pass each other today ba-ba somewhere around top of grindsbrook [did you have yellow jacket on] i had scruffy orange jacket on accompanied by even scruffier brown dog ,managed to get back half of skyline in before rain set in so dropped down r roger/nab

Very "character building" run today, from the Flouch Inn on the Woodhead pass, up near cat Clough and then East along the watershed/bogs in the clag to cutgate and then absolutely flying down the track with a tailwind.... 13.5km, not sure about climb, in a bit under 90 miuntes.

First run out in my new OMM Kamlieka smock and it's great, just as well really as the rain was driving so hard that I had to get the overtrousers out of my bag for their first ever run!
    Last edited by PaulE; 17-01-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dogruf View Post
    did we pass each other today ba-ba somewhere around top of grindsbrook [did you have yellow jacket on]
    na, I was in fetching damp black OMM top and 3/4 length legs with a leaky OMM bumbag; didn't get as far west as Grindsbrook when on the southern edge. Only saw one other runner out there on the western edge south of the downfall - wasn't really the day to be out! Plenty of walkers though, a fair group on Brown Knoll which I don't really understand - surely you only go there if you have to! (that said, I thoroughly enjoyed my slog across today - must remember to tie my shoes up better next time though!)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

1hr BMF sesh in Richmond Park, followed by two fast circuits of RP on the bike (14m, 42 mins). Plus a much-quicker-than-planned 6-mile ride from house to RP, having lost track of the time.

Bloody good - loving the crosstraining, keeps the mind fresh!

Plantation - Wimberry ascent/descent - return via Tanners....almost Spring like out there
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Well warm this arvo - regretting the tights option after 10 mins. Quick blat up to Yes Tor, High Willhays, Dinger amd East Mil. Hoping for more snow down here on Dartmoor

3.5m on the road - 28mins, stretch out the sore legs from Cross country.

Run to work and back, mostly boring tarmac but ipod i got for xmas makes it bearable, promise i'll never wear it on the fells.
    11m in total. Going to suffer at The Hebden on saturday, do me the world of good:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

Crackin' headtorcher up over Dovestones crag, Fox Stones cairn and back to Greenfield via Tanners - good for the soul
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

19k from my parents' house in Reedley to the top of Pendle & back in memory of my father who died on Sunday night. It was him who started me going to the hills & mountains over 50 years ago, & Pendle may well have been my first summit back in the 50s. It was in cloud today, but no rain, so good weather for Pendle!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club