Thread: Loss of control over leg while

Loss of control over leg while

Hopefully someone can help me! I've been having this problem off and on for quite a while and it was a nuisance but manageable but just recently it has got considerably worse it even happens just walking.

About 2-3 miles into a run I feel like I'm losing control over my left leg, and if I try to run through it, my foot eventually starts audibly "slapping" the ground, and my leg seems to swing outward. It's incredibly frustrating, because it forces me to walk, even though the rest of my body could go on for much longer. I usually walk for a minute or two, then start running again (only to repeat the process).

Re: Loss of control over leg w

suggest you get some physio advice. may well be a problem with your adductor (I think thats the right one rather than abductor!). I fell down the stairs one morning when I lost control and it turned out to be groin problems due to some heavy roofing work. The doc got a text book out whilst I was there.

Turbo Tom has a similar problem i think...Tom?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I do often feel like my left foot is slapping the ground a lot harder than my right - it's starting to become annoying.

not being able to lift my leg/foot is resulting in a lot of falling over - not good in a fell race, got to the bottom of Lose Hill at the Skyline and had to stop as I couldn't raise my leg/knee got going eventually and it got a bit better after a couple of miles -flat on my back a couple of times going to Mam Tor but I needed the rest anyway

Get yourself to a doctor, it sounds like classic "foot drop" which can have many causes, some of them serious. Have a google for the term and you'll find lots of info.