Thread: staphylococcus aureus

staphylococcus aureus

This is a bit of a bugger, had it before, but took about 2 years before it stopped flaring up in various places. Currently I got an infected cyst in the crook of my left arm, its gone red, its very sore and its still getting bigger.

On antibiotics now, plus treating with tea tree oil and eating loads of garlic. Anyone had this before? I can't run as the arm swing really hurts and besides its probably not good to do too much training on antibiotics.

Arrghh!!

Re: staphylococcus aureus

Its now about the size of half a ping pong ball, Been back to the doctors today, says it will probably get bigger then burst. Arrggh

I thought that the word which forms the title of this thread, was the name of the bacteria that gives you the trots, never had it personally, unless there was some of the cretins lurking in the curry I had the other night
    Sounds nasty what ever is up with you

It can give you the trots if you get it through food. It lives on all of us, sometimes if you are unlucky you get too much of it and it can infect cuts etc, I was plagued with it for 2 years, nasty boils etc.

This one is on the way out now, its got to the stage where I can straighten my arm and it has begun to weep... lovely stuff.

Its the same type of bug as MRSA, which stands for Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, fortunately I have the one which is not resistant to antibiotics.

Have you had a blood sugar checked? If you've had repeated odd skin infections diabetes should be ruled out.

Ah the old SA. Brings back painful memories.
    In 2003 I obliterated a disc in my spine, somehow got a SA infection in it and ended up with a para-spinal abscess the size of a duck's egg. Lost 16lbs in weight. Took 10 weeks till a GP actually asked me to take my shirt off, instead of handing me backache painkillers. Then got medevaced back to UK and spent 4 weeks in hospital in Birmingham on intravenous morphine and super-duper antibiotics. Was racing and hashing within 6 weeks of getting back out to Cyprus.