Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrekin Fell Race - Piccies

Wrekin Fell Race - Piccies

Pictures from the race can be found:-

http://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk...lrace2010.html

Al.
    Last edited by altye; 02-04-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    AlTye

The dyslexic, diabetic, photographer.

http://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk/

Re: Wrekin Fell Race - Piccies

Thanks Al. Great shots as usual.

I really enjoyed that race. I've never done it before even though it's my local hill that I do most of my training on. Legs are a bit sore today

great pics Al as usual - just for about 5 seconds there, I wished I'd done it myself....
    Nighty - i thought those first pics were coming down the Wrekin until you rightly pointed out in your blog that they're on the Ercall. Some steep bits there - the pics don't do it justice! Been reading your blog mate and I reckon running while carrying a log for the fire must count as extra weight training btw tried the Ercall Woods? there's always a load of stray logs/ fallen stuff up near the top there.

Quote Originally Posted by altye View Post
    Pictures from today's race can be found:-

http://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk...lrace2010.html

Al.
    Thanks Al - and yes you did manage to get me vertical - and smiling It looks as though I wasn't trying (as if!)

Quote Originally Posted by alanj View Post
    great pics Al as usual - just for about 5 seconds there, I wished I'd done it myself....
    Nighty - i thought those first pics were coming down the Wrekin until you rightly pointed out in your blog that they're on the Ercall. Some steep bits there - the pics don't do it justice! Been reading your blog mate and I reckon running while carrying a log for the fire must count as extra weight training btw tried the Ercall Woods? there's always a load of stray logs/ fallen stuff up near the top there.
    alanj, I think I'm going to have to be carefull about what I post on the blog. It's only a matter of time before one of the foresters reads it and realises where all the wood's going I only found out recently that MattR AKA cotswold sway is a forester himself. Good tip off about the Ercall I'll have a look.
    P.S. you should have a go at a race. Wrekin Streak coming up. As you probably know it's about half the height and distance of the Wrekin Fell Race.

Cheers mate. Yeah I should have another go.
    Tell you what, there's some serious tree logging been going on round the Wrekin/ ercall the last few months (that's not including the Opencast Mining prep works over the Short Wood)
    I've done the fell race and the Streak a few times over the years, just struggling with an ankle injury I originally picked up at last year's Mortimer Forest, but there is some improvement so keeping my fingers crossed for the Summer Series. Off to Cornwall next week and may try to run up to Brown Willy (...stop sniggering at the back there...)

Quote Originally Posted by alanj View Post
    Cheers mate. Yeah I should have another go.
    Tell you what, there's some serious tree logging been going on round the Wrekin/ ercall the last few months (that's not including the Opencast Mining prep works over the Short Wood)
    I've done the fell race and the Streak a few times over the years, just struggling with an ankle injury I originally picked up at last year's Mortimer Forest, but there is some improvement so keeping my fingers crossed for the Summer Series. Off to Cornwall next week and may try to run up to Brown Willy (...stop sniggering at the back there...)
    I thought you'd probably done the races before. If you do the Streak, say hello. I'm usually at the back

Have fun on the Brown Willy.
    Me, snigger ? hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.
    GROW UP NIGHTINGALE !

Pete now has his photos up
    http://www.prdouglas.co.uk/

Anybody doing this on Sunday.

It's the trial for the inter counties for a number of 'Midlands' counties, so might be some stiff competition (hopefully not too stiff in the Warwickshire section)!

Didn't realise how steep the race was until looking at the stats and the map. 5.5 miles though, have not run a race that short since my very first race, so I'm thoroughly expecting my lack of pace to get exposed, and have a backup plan of going flat out from the start, which will probably be a spectacular failure.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Didn't realise how steep the race was until looking at the stats and the map. 5.5 miles though, have not run a race that short since my very first race, so I'm thoroughly expecting my lack of pace to get exposed, and have a backup plan of going flat out from the start, which will probably be a spectacular failure.
    I think it's a bit too long for "flat out from the start", although you do need to put in some effort going up the Ercall. But then use the short road section between the Ercall and the Wrekin to steady yourself in preparation for the really steep climb on the lower part of the Wrekin. I always used to make up a lot of places going up that steep bit (and then lose some of them coming back down it!).