Just a brief note on my disaster here.

It was a VERY! hot day, started at 33c according to my watch and three shop front readings, not Met Centre standard I know. So I started slowly thinking if I got round in 8:30 or 9s I'd be happy in this weather.

It got hotter! The RunnersWeb pacers for 3:30hrs I was following were clocking 8:45s and one dropped out at 15k. I got the half in just under 2hrs, then died something chronic. Cramp began in my feet, so it felt like I was running on fists. It slowly worked up my calfs and thighs until I stumbled upto 18 miles and my stomache started twitching. I was scared, hurting, tired, saw my family and stopped. Too dehydrated to cry.

Worked out the next day it took an hour to run my last 5 miles. My watch showed a peak temp of 38c (100f!) and an average of 35c, which a lot of shopfront clock thermometer thingies said too.

Just after I pulled out they stopped everyone who hadn't passed 20miles in 3 hours, and told everyone in front they were switching off the timers so please walk. The clocks kept running but they were worried about major injuries/ fatalities by then I think. Only one finisher under 2:10!

Can't fault the organisation, loads of drinks and 2 showers, but maybe an 11a.m. start is too late. However you can't account for the hottest April day in Dutch history.

Still got a slight knot in one thigh but had a few slow jogs now so hopefully see if I have any fitness in a few weeks. Maybe Stuc a chroin or Ben Lomond. Was the winter slog worth it?

Well done everyone who finished London, I really did feel for you.
Jason