Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

  1. #1
    Master RichardAThackeray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,043

    'Silkstone Shuffle'

    I'll take it that various forumites have previously ran this series?

    Having looked at the Barnsley Harriers website, after discussing the race briefly (in a thread digression) on 'Runners World.co.uk'; (about half-way down page 3)

    With it being the first event of the quartet on Saturday morning, I might try & get down to it in the morning.

    I'm working a 14:00 - 22:00 shift though, so wouldn't be hanging about after finishing



    Is it worth a trip down to run it?


    I ask in all innocence, as the race is an 'unknown quantity' to me
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

  2. #2
    Master Multiterrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bramley
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    I'll take it that various forumites have previously ran this series?

    Having looked at the Barnsley Harriers website, after discussing the race briefly (in a thread digression) on 'Runners World.co.uk'; (about half-way down page 3)

    With it being the first event of the quartet on Saturday morning, I might try & get down to it in the morning.

    I'm working a 14:00 - 22:00 shift though, so wouldn't be hanging about after finishing



    Is it worth a trip down to run it?

    I ask in all innocence, as the race is an 'unknown quantity' to me
    Definitely not a fell race Richard but more here: http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7072 IDP's description sums it up nicely.

    It was certainly too fast for me (managed 33.42) when I ran it coming back from (yet another) injury in April 2006.
    Last edited by Multiterrainer; 02-04-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Forgot which year I'd actually ran it!!!

  3. #3
    Master RichardAThackeray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Definitely not a fell race Richard but more here: http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7072 IDP's description sums it up nicely.

    It was certainly too fast for me (managed 33.42) when I ran it coming back from (yet another) injury in April 2006.
    Thanks

    I realise from the details I've already seen that it's certainly not a fell-race, & also seemingly a heck of a lot drier than a 'Trunce'

    It just seemed a nice little 'interim' race between 'Trunce 1' & 'Trunce 2' - which are probably all I'll be able to attend for a while



    Ahh! Silly me, I'm almost forgetting;
    I've got an entry for the 'Dambuster 10' (Saturday 17th April)http://www.challengecancer.org.uk/da...rdetails10.htm (race number 21)


    I also might try & get up to Haworth on Tuesday (6th) evening for the 'Bunny Run'
    http://woodentops.org.uk/index.php?t...&subtopic=home
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

  4. #4
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,999

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Definitely not a fell race Richard but more here: http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7072 IDP's description sums it up nicely.

    It was certainly too fast for me (managed 33.42) when I ran it coming back from (yet another) injury in April 2006.
    I'd forgotten about this, I was going to do some hill reps but i might swing over and run this. It's good speedwork training. But the finishing field will be desperately muddy. What do you think Gingerwinge

    Is this an FRA race?

  5. #5
    Master RichardAThackeray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Sorry for my non-attendance

    I forgot to set the alarm & didn't even wake up till 09:00, which would have not left me a lot of time to get sorted & down to Silkstone
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

  6. #6
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,999

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    Sorry for my non-attendance

    I forgot to set the alarm & didn't even wake up till 09:00, which would have not left me a lot of time to get sorted & down to Silkstone
    You missed a muddy one Richard, legs felt a bit heavy on the track but picked up after railway bridge.

    Ginge will be along soon but I think they said it was the biggest entry they'd ever had

  7. #7
    Master RichardAThackeray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    You missed a muddy one Richard, legs felt a bit heavy on the track but picked up after railway bridge.

    Ginge will be along soon but I think they said it was the biggest entry they'd ever had
    Damn!!

    Oh well, it's my own fault!
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

  8. #8
    Master jodg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kerikeri, Northland
    Posts
    2,550

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Don't worry mate, you didn't miss so much. It's like the Trunce....but a lot less interesting! Good if you want a short sharp blast out on tracks though.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Int pub at Thurlstone
    Posts
    515

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    you didn't miss so much. It's like the Trunce.....

  10. #10
    Master jodg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kerikeri, Northland
    Posts
    2,550

    Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumBum View Post
    I meant it's short, not not interesting!

Similar Threads

  1. Silkstone Shuffle
    By jodg in forum Other Races
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-03-2009, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •