Thread: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

'Silkstone Shuffle'

I'll take it that various forumites have previously ran this series?

Having looked at the Barnsley Harriers website, after discussing the race briefly (in a thread digression) on 'Runners World.co.uk'; (about half-way down page 3)

With it being the first event of the quartet on Saturday morning, I might try & get down to it in the morning.

I'm working a 14:00 - 22:00 shift though, so wouldn't be hanging about after finishing

Is it worth a trip down to run it?

I ask in all innocence, as the race is an 'unknown quantity' to me
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Re: 'Silkstone Shuffle'

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    I'll take it that various forumites have previously ran this series?

Having looked at the Barnsley Harriers website, after discussing the race briefly (in a thread digression) on 'Runners World.co.uk'; (about half-way down page 3)

With it being the first event of the quartet on Saturday morning, I might try & get down to it in the morning.

I'm working a 14:00 - 22:00 shift though, so wouldn't be hanging about after finishing

Is it worth a trip down to run it?

I ask in all innocence, as the race is an 'unknown quantity' to me
    Definitely not a fell race Richard but more here: http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7072 IDP's description sums it up nicely.

It was certainly too fast for me (managed 33.42) when I ran it coming back from (yet another) injury in April 2006.
    Last edited by Multiterrainer; 02-04-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Forgot which year I'd actually ran it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Definitely not a fell race Richard but more here: http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7072 IDP's description sums it up nicely.

It was certainly too fast for me (managed 33.42) when I ran it coming back from (yet another) injury in April 2006.
    Thanks

I realise from the details I've already seen that it's certainly not a fell-race, & also seemingly a heck of a lot drier than a 'Trunce'

It just seemed a nice little 'interim' race between 'Trunce 1' & 'Trunce 2' - which are probably all I'll be able to attend for a while

Ahh! Silly me, I'm almost forgetting;
    I've got an entry for the 'Dambuster 10' (Saturday 17th April)http://www.challengecancer.org.uk/da...rdetails10.htm (race number 21)

I also might try & get up to Haworth on Tuesday (6th) evening for the 'Bunny Run'
    http://woodentops.org.uk/index.php?t...&subtopic=home

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post

I'd forgotten about this, I was going to do some hill reps but i might swing over and run this. It's good speedwork training. But the finishing field will be desperately muddy. What do you think Gingerwinge

Is this an FRA race?

Sorry for my non-attendance

I forgot to set the alarm & didn't even wake up till 09:00, which would have not left me a lot of time to get sorted & down to Silkstone

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    Sorry for my non-attendance

I forgot to set the alarm & didn't even wake up till 09:00, which would have not left me a lot of time to get sorted & down to Silkstone
    You missed a muddy one Richard, legs felt a bit heavy on the track but picked up after railway bridge.

Ginge will be along soon but I think they said it was the biggest entry they'd ever had

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    You missed a muddy one Richard, legs felt a bit heavy on the track but picked up after railway bridge.

Ginge will be along soon but I think they said it was the biggest entry they'd ever had
    Damn!!

Oh well, it's my own fault!