Thread: 'Dambuster 10'

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

'Dambuster 10'

I know it's not a fell-race, more of a trail/road-race, but I entered this one

http://www.challengecancer.org.uk/da...rdetails10.htm

I saw it listed, & liking the area, having walked around there many times, MTB'd over the bridleway over Cut-Gate, driven a couple of the Byways around LadyBower, I fancied having a go.

So, I'm on the start-list as number 21

I realise it's weather dependant, but is the concensus of opinion for road-shoes, or my 'Wave Harriers'? (as they're okay on the tarmac)

Will I bump into any other 'forumites' on the start-line?

What will be really disheartening will be looking across when we're on the west-side, & looking over the 'inlets', seeing the runners in front appear to be only 200 yards away - but are perhaps 3/4 miles in front due to the contours the road follows
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Re: 'Dambuster 10'

Hi Richard

Lovely run this, I've done the full reservoir circuit as a training run on a few occasions and I've only ever used road shoes on it. Surface is generally road and light trail with no notable stretches of mud or standing water that I can recall.

Bit jealous now, would be good to race it...

Good luck for the 17th...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    I know it's not a fell-race, more of a trail/road-race, but I entered this one

http://www.challengecancer.org.uk/da...rdetails10.htm

I saw it listed, & liking the area, having walked around there many times, MTB'd over the bridleway over Cut-Gate, driven a couple of the Byways around LadyBower, I fancied having a go.

So, I'm on the start-list as number 21

I realise it's weather dependant, but is the concensus of opinion for road-shoes, or my 'Wave Harriers'? (as they're okay on the tarmac)

Will I bump into any other 'forumites' on the start-line?

What will be really disheartening will be looking across when we're on the west-side, & looking over the 'inlets', seeing the runners in front appear to be only 200 yards away - but are perhaps 3/4 miles in front due to the contours the road follows
    One of my regulars esp this time of year with the PPP looming. Although I start at Strines Inn run over to Fairholmes via Back Tor once round and back over. I was planning on doing it this morning but it's raining and I'm getting board of getting wet

In this one,did it last year arrived 1/2 a hour late due to puncture.Pleaded my case to the starters and they let me set off.Good scenic route really enjoyed.Lots of cake at the finish,they must of admired my determination to start the race 1/2 a hour after everyone else and awarded me with a spot prize.
    Running with walking breaks is a great way to go.

Thanks for that guys

tino-paulsen

Thanks for the Link. There i found a lot of great infos about this race.
    cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tino-paulsen View Post
    Thanks for the Link. There i found a lot of great infos about this race.
    cheers!

It's fully subscribed though, & they don't do 'entries on day' anyway. Sorry
    Last edited by RichardAThackeray; 18-04-2010 at 09:43 AM.

I didn't go

I ran home from work on Friday afternoon, & ended up with a strange 'niggling' sensation behind my left knee.

Saturday morning, it didn't feel much better, so I decided that discretion was the better part of valour

Oh well, at least it should hopefully get me through 'Trunce 2' tomorrow evening?