Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkshireman Offroad Marathon

Master and MR

Re: Yorkshireman off Road Mara

just realised im on guard duty on that day so cannot make it

alwaysinjured

How much has the route changed?

It was a great route when I did it about 6-7 years ago - last climb is a real sting in the tail - but almost none of it was on road except at the start. Is there a route map anywhere?

I have decided not to do this now
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

Get it together rabbit. I'm planning on doing this with my aged mother, and fairly aged sister.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    How much has the route changed?

It was a great route when I did it about 6-7 years ago - last climb is a real sting in the tail - but almost none of it was on road except at the start. Is there a route map anywhere?
    SOME ONE MUST HAVE A ROUTE MAP!!!!!!HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A ROUTE MAP????????

disco stan

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    Get it together rabbit. I'm planning on doing this with my aged mother, and fairly aged sister.
    Well said fat boy. Is Fiona doing it then? Nice one.
    Fancy a go myself. might have to be quick entering.

I did this last year, good race , well run , nice route. Very hot on the day. Nice food at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    I no i wont finish it but only due to fitness and i have not done any long training session in a while
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

why don't you do the half RR that's a good run too and I'll be doing that one

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    SOME ONE MUST HAVE A ROUTE MAP!!!!!!HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A ROUTE MAP????????
    it's on the Keighly and craven website

YORKSHIREMAN OFF-ROAD MARATHON
    ROUTE DESCRIPTION
    Full route on OS South Pennines Outdoor Leisure 21.
    Start and Finish at New Westfield Farm, Upper Marsh, Oxenhope (Grid Reference
    019362.)
    Route as described below visiting checkpoints in correct order.
    Checkpoint Grid
    Reference
    Approximate
    Mileage
    Start Westfield Farm 019 362 -
    1 Hebden Bridge Road SC 017 337 2¾
    2 Withens Pub R 045 306 7
    3 Road/Track Junction SC 032 290 9¼
    4 Hough Gate SC 051 295 10½
    5 Denholme Velvets R 071 323 13½
    6 Hewenden end of Viaduct R 074 362 16¼
    7 Dolphin Lane SC 072 375 18¼
    8 Off Shaw Lane R 066 397 20¼
    9 Sugden End A629 R 047 375 22½
    10 Edge Penistone Hill SC 25
    Finish Westfield Farm 019 362 26.3
    SC Self-clip checkpoint
    R Manned checkpoint with refreshments
    On leaving farm lane turn left down Moorside Lane, after half a mile turn right at
    crossroads into Lee Lane. Pass reservoir up hill, now track. Turn left on conduit for
    approximately one and half miles to
    CHECKPOINT 1 at junction with main road,
    Cross road and follow conduit for another mile leaving at Far Peat Lane, right along
    tarmac road for 400 yards, taking gate and track to left over stream. Follow White Moor
    Lane then Sawood Lane uphill to gate, ahead on rough track to open moor, Wind Farm
    on right. After one and a quarter mile down steps and across footbridge, follow path
    until it meets track. Bear right to
    CHECKPOINT 2 at former Withens pub.
    Right along road for quarter of a mile leaving via stile to Slade Barn. Over Rocking
    Stone Flat to meet road at Gatehouse. Left, follow road for three-quarters of a mile,
    taking track on right running parallel,
    CHECKPOINT 3.

Follow track, which meets Calderdale Way from right. Continue on track & cross road.
    Keep on Calderdale Way via former Moorcock pub (now farm) and up hill to
    CHECKPOINT 4
    at Houghgate. Still on Calderdale Way down hill taking left &
    immediate right through field to farm where track meets tarmac road turn left to
    Brookhouse. Follow path along beck through golf course to Ogden Reservoir. Cross dam
    wall bearing right along road just before junction with main road, take bridle way to
    left, Back Lane. After half a mile take footpath to right across fields to meet track, turn
    right to
    CHECKPOINT 5 at junction with A629.
    Left along main road, cross and take lane on right. Left at the bottom for 50 yards
    taking footpath to meet Denholme Beck. Follow Beck under railway bridge to reservoir.
    Down steps on right, follow path round right-hand side to front. Cross dam wall then
    uphill on road taking path on right through allotments. Down hill passing Hollin Park left
    across field, straight across road to follow track leading to house gates.
    NB.New route

Left through style then keep right on green track, not dropping to viaduct. After 50
    yards turn right to kissing gate the immediately left onto tarmac path leading down to
    viaduct. Over viaduct to gate a far end and
    CHECKPOINT 6.
    Leave checkpoint down track to main road turn right then left after 30 yards on lane to
    Hallas Cote farm, just before farm yard gate take style on the left, this path runs
    around the farm & brings you out on Hallas Lane. Turn right down the lane for 50 yards
    then over style into field following wall down to style into Goit Stock Wood.Return to old
    route. Through wood and out across field to footbridge across cow house beck. Turn
    immediately left before stile, keeping wall on right, following beck up to Cullingworth
    main road. Right to
    CHECKPOINT 7 at the bottom of Dolphin Lane.
    At the top of Dolphin Lane turn right following footpath across road into Ryecroft.
    Through Ryecroft, left at house gate following path to moor. Follow way marks across
    moor to Back Shaw Lane leading to Shaw Lane where you turn right down road and
    immediately left to
    CHECKPOINT 8.
    Left from checkpoint along track and follow stiles through fields to Hainworth Village.
    Straight-ahead on track to meet Bingley Road, then right down road to junction with
    A629 and
    CHECKPOINT 9.
    Along track and uphill to cross road onto moor. Straight ahead over moor to Black Moor
    Road, turn right and take stile on left on right-hand bend, down hill across Hebden
    Road. Take stile opposite and follow track downhill. Left on footpath in front of
    farmhouse then immediately right at gate down to beckside. Follow to footbridge over
    beck and immediately under railway. Up lane to Marshend Farm and on to Marsh Lane
    (tarmac road). Left for 400yards, then right up tarmac road. On left-hand bend, go
    straight ahead on footpath up field. Carry straight on until path passes to left of
    farmhouse (Hole). Here turn left up lane to road. Left onto road for 20 yards then right
    up track onto Penistone Hill,
    CHECKPOINT 10 (This section will be flagged to finish).
    Continue straight ahead with cricket field on left and quarry on right. Down right-hand

side of wall to finish.