Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello everyone - just joined

Re: Hello everyone - just join

Thanks for the warm welcomes and feedback, everyone, and the reading suggestions, eavesy.

Yes, Harry... I do live and work in Kendal. Would like to join you some time but never have to date. Wednesday evenings are a bit hectic for us. I used to play football over at Queen Katherine on a Wednesday, at 5.30pm and then rush home to help with family routine (tea, bedtime, etc.). Nowadays, with me not playing football so much, it's still the usual routine but my wife tends to go swimming at around 7.30pm as it's one of the few times when the the leisure centre pool is open for adult swimming outside normal daytime hours.

Do you only meet on Wednesdays? I seem to remember that you have family meetings at other times but our boys are only little at the moment and probably a bit too young for a running club just yet...

Banned

Hi Kendal
    Welcome to the forum.
    You would always be welcome at Ambleside AC , training runs are Tuesday & Sunday.
    http://www.amblesideac.org.uk/when1_summer2010.htm
    If you fancy some easy runs on the scar above Kendal or Kentmere/Longsleddale give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by kendalcottages View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcomes and feedback, everyone, and the reading suggestions, eavesy.

Yes, Harry... I do live and work in Kendal. Would like to join you some time but never have to date. Wednesday evenings are a bit hectic for us. I used to play football over at Queen Katherine on a Wednesday, at 5.30pm and then rush home to help with family routine (tea, bedtime, etc.). Nowadays, with me not playing football so much, it's still the usual routine but my wife tends to go swimming at around 7.30pm as it's one of the few times when the the leisure centre pool is open for adult swimming outside normal daytime hours.

Do you only meet on Wednesdays? I seem to remember that you have family meetings at other times but our boys are only little at the moment and probably a bit too young for a running club just yet...

The main reason why your tend to pick up less chronic/over-use injuries running off-road is that, because of the constantly varying terrain, every foot-strike is different. Repetitively jarring your heel into the ground in exactly the same way stride after stride just isn't possible. Also because fell shoes tend to be much more minimal in construction, your feet can work much more naturally and you'll find yourself adapting a mid/fore-foot strike without really thinking about it. Don't worry too much about "downhill stress on the knees", it's really a bit of a myth... the more technical/steeper the downhill, the more lightly and nimbly you're forced to run.... Just get out on those hills and enjoy it!

Thanks, both of you.

I might just take you up on that Inov-8. A bit way laid with work at the moment, and need to get some fitness back, but maybe in a month or two... do you live near Kendal?